Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I installed a TCC WGA and a MBC last night. After a little driving and some turning up MBC it gives me about 18psi spike, holds 17psi until about 5200 rpm, then falls to 14 or 15psi at redline. I know I just need to pop open the WGA and add a washer to hold more to redline. But here's my thing, I was getting 17psi (with no spike) and falling to the same 14 or 15psi with my stock WGA and no boost controller!! My only mods are in the sig. What gives??
I'm really thinking about going back to stock. Reasons you ask? Ok....
1- 1st gear traction is gone!
2- 2nd gear traction doesn't happen 'til about 4500 rpms (if it does)
3- You really have to watch part throttle boost in 5th gear. It really likes to go 15psi+ with about 2/3 throttle.
4- Flutter/surge (what ever you want to call it) is happening more now. I had it before with my Injen intake, but nothing like this.
5- I've lost the computers controll of boost on a cold engine. That's 10psi max until temp is up. Just have to keep an eye on this, nothing too major.
6- I've lost the computers controll of boost in 1st gear. That's why traction is gone. I don't know how you big turbos guys/gals do it.

Maybe I just need to adapt to driving it with this new stuff on there. I'll give it this week, and see what happens.

Oh, the one thing I like the most.....the hard & fast spool when you do get on it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah keep us posted.. I plan on getting a TCC WGA and MBC soon to go w/ Stage 1 and want to know if this combo works well.. Have you tried the TCC WGA w/out the MBC to see what that performs like

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
i dont think theres any need for a BC.... use a .045 bleed...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i'm running a tcc wga, adjustable bleed vavle and stage 1 for boost.......i'm running off the green line..with the tcc wga only i get 15psi no spike and 14.5 redline...with the bleed i adjusted it to a 20 (split second spike)....then 17.5 psi across the rpms until 5300 or so then slowy falling to 15.5ish at redline

i tried a friends manual boost controler and with the boost controler if i set the boost at 18 psi...it would just hit 18 psi and hold 18 psi..no spike no drop...and snice i can only do 16 max at redline with s1..i opted to use a bleed so i could run more boost in the mid rpm's and have it still fall safely at high rpms

·
Registered
564 Posts
srt4ram360 said:
i'm running a tcc wga, adjustable bleed vavle and stage 1 for boost.......i'm running off the green line..with the tcc wga only i get 15psi no spike and 14.5 redline...with the bleed i adjusted it to a 20 (split second spike)....then 17.5 psi across the rpms until 5300 or so then slowy falling to 15.5ish at redline

i tried a friends manual boost controler and with the boost controler if i set the boost at 18 psi...it would just hit 18 psi and hold 18 psi..no spike no drop...and snice i can only do 16 max at redline with s1..i opted to use a bleed so i could run more boost in the mid rpm's and have it still fall safely at high rpms
Why can you only boost 16psi w/ Stage 1? Will it hurt the car or suffer performance loss when boosting over 16psi? Does the TCC work like a factory WGA w/ out a bleed or MBC? I really need to get the low down so I can have a smooth setup..

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
well i was refering to 16 psi at redline...if you want to run more at redline you need to dyno it to make sure your af ratios are good.

if you hook up the tcc wga without a bleed or bc...you'll typically get 14-15 psi ...no spike no drop...just hit and hold

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
srt4ram360 said:
well i was refering to 16 psi at redline...if you want to run more at redline you need to dyno it to make sure your af ratios are good...

That's what I would like, 18psi max with that 16psi at redline. I'm a little dissapointed with the 14 or 15 at redline. 'Cause like I said, that's what I had with my stock WGA.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
srt4ram360 said:

I was getting the 14-15psi at redline with the MBC turned down all the way. Figured this would be the best way to see what the WGA was set for. Then after turning up the MBC it wasn't affecting the psi I have at redline. So, why isn't the MBC affecting it? I thought it would bring it up.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
yea i would think also...what kind of mbc you using?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
hum...well from what i've read thats a good mbc...so that cant be the issues...have you tried a bleed? just get a 1/4 inch in/out adjustable bleed valve from homedepot..theya re in the plubing section

really easy to operate and your setting wont budge unless you move it intentionally

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope, I haven't tried a bleed.

Maybe I should try to stiffer spring that came with the MBC. I'm not sure if that would do much, but, it's worth a shot.

*edit* just in case you're wondering, the MBC is on the green line.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
sounds like a plan...good luck

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Pinebox said:
Well, I installed a TCC WGA and a MBC last night. After a little driving and some turning up MBC it gives me about 18psi spike, holds 17psi until about 5200 rpm, then falls to 14 or 15psi at redline. I know I just need to pop open the WGA and add a washer to hold more to redline. But here's my thing, I was getting 17psi (with no spike) and falling to the same 14 or 15psi with my stock WGA and no boost controller!! My only mods are in the sig. What gives??
I'm really thinking about going back to stock. Reasons you ask? Ok....
1- 1st gear traction is gone!
2- 2nd gear traction doesn't happen 'til about 4500 rpms (if it does)
3- You really have to watch part throttle boost in 5th gear. It really likes to go 15psi+ with about 2/3 throttle.
4- Flutter/surge (what ever you want to call it) is happening more now. I had it before with my Injen intake, but nothing like this.
5- I've lost the computers controll of boost on a cold engine. That's 10psi max until temp is up. Just have to keep an eye on this, nothing too major.
6- I've lost the computers controll of boost in 1st gear. That's why traction is gone. I don't know how you big turbos guys/gals do it.

Maybe I just need to adapt to driving it with this new stuff on there. I'll give it this week, and see what happens.

Oh, the one thing I like the most.....the hard & fast spool when you do get on it.
How are you managing to hold 14-15 psi to redline w/ stock WGA and computer controlled boost? No matter what I do I can't hold more than 10 @ redline. Though I bent the arm a little and will sometimes hold 11. BTW, does anyone know if I would see any benefit from a TCC or AGP WGA w/ no bleed or MBC using the stock black line from the solenoid? I decided to be satisfied w/ not much higher than 16 psi until S2, but I would like to spool up faster, have higher boost in the lower gears, and hold more psi @ redline.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
you'd benifit until your computer learns...that 14-15 psi the tcc wga goes is on a different vaccume source..so a wga that tight on the stock lines would put you with WAYYYY too much boost...or atlesat i would think it would...it would be like having 10 spring mods on there...lol...i cant pull my tcc wga open if i tired...so that thing is tight

so i would say get the tcc wga and run it off green line/blue line what ever you perfer...it would run 15's psi spike and hold...so really it is still safe boost levels..but this way your performance wont taper off it will keep pulling at redline

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thats all I want is to hold 15-16 to redline. Im already getting 15-17 psi so I dont see the need for a BC.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cruiserdude said:
How are you managing to hold 14-15 psi to redline w/ stock WGA and computer controlled boost? .....

I don't know why it held 14-15 at redline on stock WGA, but that's what S1 gave me. With the S1, I hit 17psi max all day long. When I was S0 I was getting 12-13 at redline with a 15-16 max.

Could it be the elevation here? I know the air is thinner, but does the computer know how to compensate for that?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, after a bit more driving and chagning the spring in the MBC........same thing! 18psi quick spike then to 17psi and falling to 14~15 at redline. This is getting frustrating. I had that stock! The other spring just made it so 1/4 turn on the MBC did what 1 turn did with the weaker spring.

Anyone know if it's possible to shim the sping in the WGA without actually taking it off the car?? This is the only thing left to do.

·
Registered
329 Posts
From what I understand its the spring in the wga not the spring in the bc. I just installed my wga and I have a ebc, but yet to play wit it cause still tryin to tune the wga.

MrG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts