Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the aftermarket wastegate for awhile now, but it was hooked up through the stock black line, tonight I switched it to the green line, now i am only boosting to about 5-6 psi, i took the green line off the solinoid and hooked it to my WGA, then i capped the black line, what could be the problem?

·
Registered
175 Posts
you either need toadjust your wastegate or get a boost controller,with the black line still connected to the solenoid, the ecu was controlling boost with the solenoid like stock, no offense, but hooking to the black like stock defeats the purpose of installing an aftermarket wastegate

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
solar04 said:
you either need toadjust your wastegate or get a boost controller,with the black line still connected to the solenoid, the ecu was controlling boost with the solenoid like stock, no offense, but hooking to the black like stock defeats the purpose of installing an aftermarket wastegate
Not exactly............ I have my Garrett hooked up to the stock pressure line, because all I wanted was to spool faster and hold ~15 psi boost to redline not to go to a "higher boost" in all situations. This arrangement does that perfectly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Romans8:28 said:
Not exactly............ I have my Garrett hooked up to the stock pressure line, because all I wanted was to spool faster and hold ~15 psi boost to redline not to go to a "higher boost" in all situations. This arrangement does that perfectly :thumbsup:
Agreed. Until I get the power-paq installed, I don't need the headache of part-throttle boost. AGP WG (tuned down) with stock vacuum lines works well, and boost is much stronger. Currently runniing 16 or so depending on weather.

·
Registered
175 Posts
typhoon said:
Agreed. Until I get the power-paq installed, I don't need the headache of part-throttle boost. AGP WG (tuned down) with stock vacuum lines works well, and boost is much stronger. Currently runniing 16 or so depending on weather.
To each his own, if thats what you were looking to accomplish, and hooking up to the black line works for you, I say use whatever works :cowtongue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts