Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to installl my kit later today and was wondering were to mount my pump and 2 qt tank and if in the trunk were did you run the lines

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have a cooling mist kit. I installed my pump, behind the passenger headlamp. If you remove the headlamp, there is a spot you can place the pump, it rests ontop of the stock windshield washer bottle. I secured it with zip-ties, and used some foam padding also. The pump has been there for almost a year without any issues.
I re-located my horn to underneith the car.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Wow i was just about to post up a request for this too. Fumbled for a good 2 hours figuring out where to mount the pump. We had a perfect spot right behind the reservoir where it bulges out to the side of the car, until we tried to put the bumper on and realized that is where the fog light housing sticks into. :ugh: 2hrs of no progression sucks. I'll have to look into the headlight thing.

JohnL, did you tap into the stock reservoir? If so do you have any trouble w/ the pump priming since it's way above the bottom of the tank?

Thanks guys and sorry for the partial thread hijack, but at least it's working in your favor, only a-4. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Take off the front bumper and mount it on the drivers side right below the front fender..big open space to drive sheet metal screws through all 4 mounts and there is also space to drill 4 small holes to mount the selinoid..then all your lines don't go more that 8" and it's right there with your injector so the pump has got minimal distance to push fliud. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I originally tapped into the stock windshield washer bottle, I had no priming issues. Now my resevoir is in the trunk. I have no issues at all.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
only a-4 said:
I was going to installl my kit later today and was wondering were to mount my pump and 2 qt tank and if in the trunk were did you run the lines
I have a trunk Mount
I mounted it behind teh carpet on the left side with a custom clamp.

I routed teh line back under that plastic piece where the trunk locks to the exact opposite side and put a hole in that little rubber grommet and pushed it through. I just followed the fuel lines up, putting a zip tie every 2 feet or so. You cant tell it is there, the ONLY thing that gives the W/I away is teh tank.

here is the tank in front of where the pump is.

you can see where the line comes out under the grey cover on teh right side and connects to the old cold pipe.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I just did my install today, i put it on the inside of the stock reservoir. I had to use about a half inch spacer on the tank mounts to give enough clearance for the pump. It works perfect! good luck man, i'm doing a writeup in the next few days so keep an eye out.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
I mounted mine on the left rear of the car behind the bumper and I had a custom 80 oz tank made to fit in the trunk behind the carpet.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
THat tank looks bitchin' man!

I mounted my pump right below the headlight, above the foglight. Put my bumper on and DAMNIT! lol, 2hrs of no progress. Oh really? I said fuck it, I took out my foglight and hacked out the mounting spot. Now you can just see a corner of my pump, and I got a permanat wicked ram air setup :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
I mounted my pump against the rear seat, the part that folds down, on the drivers side. my tank is a 2 qt plastic and is velcroed down near the rear of the trunk. All the plumbing and elictrical is ran threw the car under the seal guards... makes for a very easy Install.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Heres my set up. I used only about a foot and a half of tubing :wah?!: :wah?!: for maximum efficiency.
Thats actually pretty impressive! It looks surprisingly clean with that bracket. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts