Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 SRT-4 is basically bone stock. I have the K&N drop in filter, and a mopar short throw shifter with bushings.

R/T = .104
60 = 2.336 (this is where I need my help) :crying:
330 = 6.195
1/8 = 9.295
MPH = 79.79
1000 = 11.951
1/4 = 14.209
MPH = 99.77

I got 2 identical runs: both were 14.2's at 99mph. The first run the tire pressure was at 32psi and the second run the tire pressure was at 22psi. I am reving the car to 2,000rpm's like everybody said, but I still can't get my damn 60ft time down. Any other suggestions. I guess i need to just try and launch harder, but the one time I tried that I got such bad wheel hop that my wiper blades turned on :wah?!: Please somebody try and give me some more advice.

On a side not it was very cool to meet another SRT-4 guy. I believe his name was SRT4Alex or somehting like that. Yellow with black rims. He ran a 13.708 @104.28mph with stage 1 and full exhaust. His 60 foot was 2.194 that lil basterd

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
try launching off idle, never tried it at the track with stock rubber (when at the track i use slicks) but thats how i do it on the street, spinning the tires loses races, you do not need to launch "harder", you need to launch smoother

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
your 60' time isnt terrible, but if you improve your launch you will probably get the e.t. youre looking for. if your tires are cold theyre not going to be on your side. i think launching from an idle will cause bogging. just make sure the tires are ready to go and ride that clutch out in first gear.

j.r.:king:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.