Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok today i went to the dealer and asked about the srt4 they told me this: it will be available for them to order as of april 5th, and i asked if i can put a deposit down and he told me that they cant do that and to never give a dealer any money cause there not supposed to do that for a car not in the computer yet. also he put me on the list and will call me as soon as he can do anything for me.im first on the list at century dodge in taylor MI. :D he also told me they already sent there mechanic for the PVO training last year and that they dont have to send them again, and that if there already qualified to sell vipers then they dont have to send them to the training again for the neon, and they told me they already have mechanics that work on vipers that went already so there good to recieve the SRT-4 as soon as they come out

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
srt4

April good god :shock: that is way to long , hopefully in cali we will have them late feb early march. hang in there though till march , dont give in.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
wnxp0rnstar said:
ok today i went to the dealer and asked about the srt4 they told me this: it will be available for them to order as of april 5th, and i asked if i can put a deposit down and he told me that they cant do that and to never give a dealer any money cause there not supposed to do that for a car not in the computer yet. also he put me on the list and will call me as soon as he can do anything for me.im first on the list at century dodge in taylor MI. :D he also told me they already sent there mechanic for the PVO training last year and that they dont have to send them again, and that if there already qualified to sell vipers then they dont have to send them to the training again for the neon, and they told me they already have mechanics that work on vipers that went already so there good to recieve the SRT-4 as soon as they come out
Your dealer MUST send a sales rep to the training. This is different than the mechanic training. If they don't send a rep to training, they won't get an SRT. Make sure they are sending people.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they said that all the PVO training is the same thing and and the only people who need to go to the training is if you arent certified to sell those vehicles, such as vipers and now SRT-4's

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't know about that. I know they NEED to attend the SRT training. You might want to make sure with them, and find a backup dealer in the area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told by an internet sales manager that it was optional. You could sell the car w/out going to the "product orientation" course. Well, either way if they have a car on the lot and you can buy it, I wouldn't worry about whether or not they went to a course. Besides, I don't think every salesman who gets a customer will be turning over their SRT sales to the 1 or 2 people who went. See my point? Anyway, probably wise to get a backup if you are totally gung ho so as not to be disappointed in case of a SNAFU.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Most of the dealers in my area say that the SRT training is just a marketing gimic and they can still get the cars. The one I'm dealing with is just getting the mechanic training done which is a normal thing they say. I talked to guy already he smiled and said Yep I work on Vipers and now Neons what a combination!! Its going to be a kick a$$ car lots of toying can be done to it without costing much.
I called up Dodge too last Friday and asked the person about the RPM school and said its only an option for the reps and then asked me how I knew about the school in a nasty type voice!! wierd?? I said its a small world.

I get to wait till April-May to recieve my SRT-4 too. It will be well werth the wait.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I dont think anyone knows ANYTHING about this car.... Everyone spits out diffrent crap. So at this point, i dont think any info from a dealer is exactly true.
i called at 3:00 Sounding very proffesional: "Hey when you getting them in?" Dealer:"about mid feb"

4:00 sounding very excited "Hey when you getting them in?" "Almost anytime now!! you can even reserve one now!!"

conclusion...
going to suker the hell out of me if i "Reserved"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dodge's site still says "Spring", so they may be perfectly correct, thus the April date that's been thrown around may be quite accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
xither0ckxi
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing