Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's hope this bov hold boost better then my last 3 , I've tested .

Mopar blue plate leaked
similar bypass valve as the one recently purchased just broke the nipple and couldn't find replacement kingkuawa brand .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
well... good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
thanks I guess. I can't find a cheap, pipe, so this is the easier route for me, because it sits on the turbo itself.
i get it, going the cheap route isn't always the easiest. On this subject though, i cant stress how nice it is to have an AGP pipe with the thread in temp sensor. Never having to worry about blowing the stock style sensor out of the pipe is very nice...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get it, going the cheap route isn't always the easiest. On this subject though, i cant stress how nice it is to have an AGP pipe with the thread in temp sensor. Never having to worry about blowing the stock style sensor out of the pipe is very nice...
money's tight and me spend 50 bucks at a time is easier then spending like $500 for a pipe and a big setup. but on that note the sensor I don't have issues with. and I've pushed this car 20 +psi according to the Guage once messing around with Eastgate and boost controller , I put a bigger runner grommet with a tighter hole , and forced the sensor in. it's so tight I can't spin it fixed my issues with that sensor.

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
Did you try a very thin layer of sealant with a new gasket on the blue plate? When I first installed mine I read both sides, "don't use sealant" and "you have to use sealant", I went with the latter and used ultrablack silicon, I've never had an issue. Now I haven't run a boost leak check in years on my car either but I hold 15+ PSI so I don't really worry about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you try a very thin layer of sealant with a new gasket on the blue plate? When I first installed mine I read both sides, "don't use sealant" and "you have to use sealant", I went with the latter and used ultrablack silicon, I've never had an issue. Now I haven't run a boost leak check in years on my car either but I hold 15+ PSI so I don't really worry about it.
Well it is laying around still, when I did my body leak test all I seen was bubbles from it. And I couldn't hold any pressure. I found a few leaks. But they where minor, my valve cover was actually leaking air from one grommet

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed this yesterday, wow what a difference sounds so good and holding boost much better, know, I even blew out my Sensor from the hard pipe, so that was fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts