Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEDNESDAY, went to the track to better my time... ran a 14.19 which wasnt my best ever but anyway... next pass i Snapped the drive axle ... :crying: ( i get to see what it's like to walk to work..fun fun..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Visonik6 said:
WEDNESDAY, went to the track to better my time... ran a 14.19 which wasnt my best ever but anyway... next pass i Snapped the drive axle ... :crying: ( i get to see what it's like to walk to work..fun fun..
That doesn't happen often. I'd see if the dealership would warranty the issue.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
They won't warranty it if they are reading this post. :lol:

That is very odd that it snapped on you with your minimal mods and on street tires.

·
Banned
3,003 Posts
from what i have heard on 2004 not often. are u a decent driver (as in for drag racing the car) i have seen massive mods on the 2004 and no snap.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i just got my axles replace from just normal driveing and a couple of racing off the lights. whole front end was shaking. but its all good now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How in the hell do you break your axles by normal driving on the street? Only other person I have heard this happening to is rezin8.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Front left side of my car seems to be clicking fairly loudly when I take off from a stop in first gear. Sounds like it comes from the drivers side right near the front wheel. A slow, pokey start too. It goes CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK in rapid succession, like a machine gun, but actualy sounds like click-click ad nauseum. Once I'm fully under way, i.e. clutch out and not making a turn(where I hear it the loudest, making a left from a start) the sound stops. And it's certainly not the throwout bearing(the truck transmission sound) Would one suspect the axles in this case as well?

EDIT: If I jacked you my man, I'm terribly sorry. Seemed like a good thread to ask the question on.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Visonik6 said:
thats what warranty is for :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah man can't hijack my threads b/c i just don't care... ask :thumbsup: away

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
2.4TURBOMAN said:
It is starting to sound like the axels are a weak link on the SRT-4.
Some have 400+hp and race with the stock axles on the track. I don't think they have had any problems. This is wierd. :eeeek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts