Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever get their hardpipes welded? I'm thinking about getting my exhaust depot ones welded so I won't have to worry about leaks :thumbsup: Is it possible? Any input? Thanks

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Sounds like a good idea...until the first time you take off. :readclose

·
Registered
659 Posts
i dont think its a good idea . the engine has to move back and forth and the silicone couplers are there for a reason. im not sure if im right but i believe that everything is made in a special way for a reason.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
just double clamp the pipes

·
Registered
330 Posts
What happens when you wanna/need to take your intercooler off for whatever reason! Bad news bears. I'm w/ the double clamp idea. that's what I do.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im not gonna weld it on there if i plan on taking off my intercooler... but I was already assuming you had the IQ to realize that... guess not... thanks for the info from everybody else.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
get teh agp pipes with t bolt clamps.. they are a better design and wont leak with t bolt clamps.

THe full metal hardpipe isnt forgiving with variables from one car to another. AGP pipes are designed with the lower half being silicone. THis is easier to fit to your car and wont leak due to poor lineup.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
YOu cant weld steel to aluminum. If its leaking then you need to read my howto on my site. Also the hotside is tricky for alot of people to do.

My new HP come with a full rolled bead and t bolt clamps.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exhaust Depot said:
YOu cant weld steel to aluminum. If its leaking then you need to read my howto on my site. Also the hotside is tricky for alot of people to do.

My new HP come with a full rolled bead and t bolt clamps.
well i have the silicon cuplours and T bolt clamps. Nothing is leaking I was just curious if it was possible to never worry about leaks thats all. Thanks again for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts