Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the car all running after timing.
This car never ran since I owned it, car starts good, fires right up. Alternator charges at 14.2-14.5 volts. Revs up good and all.

But I have this strange intermittent issue. The abs light and the brake like come on and the car dings at me. But as it does this, its like all power shuts off to the car. The lights dim and everything.
itll do It mostly when I start off and the car dies when it does it while starting off. It does it while shifting into 2nd and sometimes at cruising speed.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
You have a big front mount intercooler?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
So I got the car all running after timing.
This car never ran since I owned it, car starts good, fires right up. Alternator charges at 14.2-14.5 volts. Revs up good and all.

But I have this strange intermittent issue. The abs light and the brake like come on and the car dings at me. But as it does this, its like all power shuts off to the car. The lights dim and everything.
itll do It mostly when I start off and the car dies when it does it while starting off. It does it while shifting into 2nd and sometimes at cruising speed.
Might be a ground, test by
adding a heavy ground wire from the side of cylinder head to the strut tower bolt

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Check and see if your wiring harness runs under your IC on the driver side. It could be cut or shorting out when the IC rocks back and forth when driving and braking. Common issue back in the day. Also might have missed plugging something back in that contains a major ground in the wiring system.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
How do your cables look?I just had that identical problem. My cables were severely corroded and I have been putting it off to replace them. I went out and made new wires and soldered copper lugs on the ends. I used comically HUGE 2 gauge wire going to the fuse box, a 2 gauge wire going to the ground on trans by throttle body, a 4 gauge wire going to the chassis ground on the fender, and a 4 gauge wire going to the starter. Marine wingnut terminals, of course. That ground on the drivers fender has paint on it so scuff that to expose bare metal. Now the car starts up immediately in cold weather. ( 45* in california)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Did you fix your issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts