Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out last night trying to NOT get wheelhop...so i adjusted my coilovers dampening and was off...anyhow...no wheelhop on the road i tested on....however...i noticed this when i went back and looked at the marks from my launches...launches were between 3-4K rpm from a deadstop....marks looks like this:

now, what's up w/that? i know my car doesnt have LSD, which SUCKS, i wish i could ALWAYS put down 2 even rubber marks EVERYTIME, sometimes i do, sometimes i dont, but i never left one mark w/the left tire in 1st gear, then as soon as i shifted into 2nd gear have the marks stop on the left and the right tire start spinning leaving a mark like that. is this normal? and would LSD correct this? thanks!

- Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
should have got a silver srt4, lol
thats a first for me to see that though. but better than that you have zero wheel hop. sweet

·
Registered
691 Posts
its because you have an 2003. the 03 have an open diff. i get the same thing some times. it all depends on how warm the tire/road surface is. the reason you go from one tire to the other is, you heat one up so when you go to shift the tire stops spinning and now has traction. once in the next gear the tire that was not spinning in the first gear is cold and has no traction, thust allowing it to spin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.