Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello SRTforums

TurboNeonStore.com just received these brand new SRT-4 specific oil catch cans instock. These are instock and ready to ship from our Michigan warehouse. Local pickups welcome!!

Weapon R SRT-4 Specific Oil Catch Can

Regular Price: $149.99
TurboNeonStore.com Price: $109.95

The weapon R oil catch can features a stunning full mirror polished finish and includes all the brackets, hoses, and hardware needed for an easy installation. This can was specifically designed for the neon SRT-4. The Weapon R oil Catch can catches the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the SRT4 intake system and the engine. It keeps the engine clean even under hard driving conditions. It is also an excellent engine dress up item that gives a racecar look. With a turbo car, there is more blow by oil which over time will "gunk" your intake with oil and residue.

Fits: Dodge Turbo Neon SRT-4

TECH TIP: This oil catch can was designed specifically for the SRT-4. No more cramming or making custom brackets.

Part # 826-132-101

Click here for details.......

:2thumbsup

·
Registered
134 Posts
I like this catch can I might have to get it. i like how it is out of the way and has the brackets on it already.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Its about time some comes up with a vehicle specific oil catch can, i am interested in the part but does it have a drain plug, it would be nice if it had an oil level built in, and the price is a little steep even at $110.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm very interested, how do you drain it?

Do you have to take the whole thing back out?

Will this piece last or do you have change the gasket like the homemade ones?

·
Registered
305 Posts
hose

TurboNeonStore.com said:
Click here for detailed online instructions

Easy installation, can be done in driveway....
Ok I manuevered the catch can in place and bolted it up. But the supplied yellow hose doesn't fit (too small)!

Also, the 3/8" hose that I already have doesn't really fit on the catch can barbs. I really have to jam it on there, I think it will split the hose eventually.

So questions...

I thought 3/8" interior diameter hose would fit, if not, then what size is recommended and how am I supposed to make it work with the 3/8" compatible barbs on the PCV (and check valve) ?

The catch can only has smooth tubes. Am I just supposed to use a hose clamp or a ziptie on these, or is there some sort of barbed/nipple fitting I am missing?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
DATfan said:
Ok I manuevered the catch can in place and bolted it up. But the supplied yellow hose doesn't fit (too small)!

Also, the 3/8" hose that I already have doesn't really fit on the catch can barbs. I really have to jam it on there, I think it will split the hose eventually.

So questions...

I thought 3/8" interior diameter hose would fit, if not, then what size is recommended and how am I supposed to make it work with the 3/8" compatible barbs on the PCV (and check valve) ?

The catch can only has smooth tubes. Am I just supposed to use a hose clamp or a ziptie on these, or is there some sort of barbed/nipple fitting I am missing?

Comes with hose. And does not fit? no clamps also? does it have a drain plug underneath? Id use some hose clamps and not zipties.

any pics of your install?
thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
DaZone said:
Comes with hose. And does not fit? no clamps also? does it have a drain plug underneath? Id use some hose clamps and not zipties.

any pics of your install?
thanks!
The yellow hose it came with is the wrong diameter (smaller than 3/8").

I measured the catch can hose connection barb (not really a barb, more like a tube). If I am supposed to directly stick a hose on the catch can tube/barb I would need a 0.5" (one-half inch) interior diameter hose.

That's what I can't figure out. Am I missing a connector that converts the smooth 0.5" tubes on the can to a 3/8" nipple or barb?

Why would the SRT-4-specific catch can require 0.5" interior diameter hose when all the other fittings require 3/8" hose??

To answer your other Q, no it does not come with clamps and does not have a drain. No pics yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
lator said:
I also ordered this catch can...
The hoses do not fit the can and there are not any adapters?
Weapon R told me the hose is correct. Maybe the hose is designed to expand and not split. 3/8" to 1/2" is certainly a lot to ask of a hose, though. I would expect it to split, or else to not be easy to remove and replace when I need to empty the tank.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My reply from Weapon R is as follows:
"The hose should be pushed onto the tubes of the can at least ½”. This will ensure that it won’t pop off. Installation of the hose can be eased by warming the hose ends. This can be achieved by dipping the end of the hose in hot water for a minute. Doing this softens up the silicone so it will stretch easier. The catch tank will need to be removed for draining. Removal of the A/C line is not necessary for installation of the tank."

After a few busted nuckles, some grinding, and one weeks time, I am finally done with the installation...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just bought and installed this part yesterday and the holes don't line up. I could only get one bolt through the thing.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
that price is way too huge for a catch can. I have the old style. got it for 45 bucks. works great. to drain it i just use a suction thing for putting gravy on turkey or somthin. works badass. less than half the price and looks good too. and it goes in no prob. assuming that you have an aftermarket intake of course.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought and installed this part yesterday and the holes don't line up. I could only get one bolt through the thing.
I had this same issue...
To resolve this I laid the OEM bracket over the catch can, lining up the holes. Then using a sharpy, I marked the curve of the motor mount. A 4" angle grinder with a flap disk works good to take off a little bit of material. Now the catch can fits perfectly. Since the motor mount is threaded, I recommend putting the bolts in from the engine towards the fender. I put the bottom bolt in the other way and the can came close to the power steering pully because it was kind of twisted. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Anyone else having theirs leak? I have maybe 500 miles MAX on my car since installing this and it appears to be leaking out the bottom side, possibly a weld. It hasn't even been on a month yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts