Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was stranded on the highway with no gears.

One bushing in the transmission side disappeared and didn’t give me any left to right movement.

One bushing in the shifter side broke off. It was a red bushing. Red booger bushings?

Towed the car home and time to replace the bushings.

I don’t see any reviews on DCR bushings?

What does everybody recommend?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bushings! I started producing delrin bushings last year and have currently 500+ sets distributed to the SRT community. If you're interested shoot me a message or you can check out my ebay listing under "RS Autoworks"!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well I was stranded on the highway with no gears.

One bushing in the transmission side disappeared and didn’t give me any left to right movement.

One bushing in the shifter side broke off. It was a red bushing. Red booger bushings?

Towed the car home and time to replace the bushings.

I don’t see any reviews on DCR bushings?

What does everybody recommend?

View attachment 146439
View attachment 146440
Ive had booger bushings since 2003. If one fails... i'd say $22.00 for 17 years of performance is a good run. Id use them again.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Ive had booger bushings since 2003. If one fails... i'd say $22.00 for 17 years of performance is a good run. Id use them again.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Same here. Only one failure and it was just cracked but not failed totally. Maybe Yellow > Red?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your bushings! I started producing delrin bushings last year and have currently 500+ sets distributed to the SRT community. If you're interested shoot me a message or you can check out my ebay listing under "RS Autoworks"!
Your set works great! Very affordable set with clips. I lightly added lube on the bushings on the tranny side.

Also lubed the cables, and put some Lucas oil in the mopar short shifter unit.

Adjusted the shifter bolt while in 3rd. It now shifts amazing!

There are two plugs under the middle dash that don’t connect to anything. Anyone know what they are for?

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Your set works great! Very affordable set with clips. I lightly added lube on the bushings on the tranny side.

Also lubed the cables, and put some Lucas oil in the mopar short shifter unit.

Adjusted the shifter bolt while in 3rd. It now shifts amazing!

There are two plugs under the middle dash that don’t connect to anything. Anyone know what they are for?
if your car has the viper seats, those are likely for the airbag module for the fat boy seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Viper seats.
I will take pictures just to confirm the module and plugs. Changing out the bushings was an easy job if you don’t plan to reuse any of the old ones that are still good. Removing that battery tray helped ALOT.

I might be weird but I like how the interior looks without the middle console over the shifter. It’s easier to shift too.
Adjusting the shifter bolt made driving the car so much better. 2nd gear for me before was a pain! Now it goes in like butter!

·
Administrator
39,213 Posts
some of those connectors could be backlight and neutral interlock for neons with an auto transmission.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
some of those connectors could be backlight and neutral interlock for neons with an auto transmission.
This too.

I forgot about those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts