Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone sorry i haven't been on in awhile i've been in deep crap!!!!
First of all just two weeks ago i was arrested for apparently going 125mph in a 55mph zone on 128 but i don't believe i was then the cop got me for an oui gave me a sobriety test failed Oops :crying: but when i got back to the station i passed my breathalizer :lol: those statey bitches and they dropped the charge but i may loose my license for a lil while this sux but whats killing me is the day that we had the bristol Ri meet when i was leaving i hit second gear and my car chugged lugged and all this other crap and then just started backfireing i have no clue what it is. it does it in all the gears now and i'm so clueless so just the other day i ran some techron fuel injector cleaner and it seemed to do the job but now that i put a new tank of gas its starting to do it again does anyone know what my problem may be...

·
Registered
83 Posts
First of all, don't drink and drive... period. Second, don't drink and drive at 120-something mph.

As for the question, try checking your plugs and wires. Then I'd check the fuel filter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree

Na see thats the thing it would have been one thing if i actually was drunk but i had one beer i mean the day that one beer does me in is the day i never take even a sip of something alcoholic

·
Registered
882 Posts
The backfiring, is it when you rev to about 2k rpms...because my car did it outta no were too. I just reset my ecu, disconnected the negative from the battery for like 5 mins. That worked for me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THE AN$WER said:
The backfiring, is it when you rev to about 2k rpms...because my car did it outta no were too. I just reset my ecu, disconnected the negative from the battery for like 5 mins. That worked for me.
It actually all depends most of the time it happened at a low rpm like 2500 sometimes more but i'll give that a shot hopefully it's as successful for me as it was for you... thanks for the tip though bro.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Funny... my car is doing the same thing.

when engaging the clutch at low RPMs in 1st or second and hit the gas it will putt, putt, puts and then is normal about 2000-2500 RPMs...

Just yesterday i came out of an on-ramp and mashed the gas in 3rd and it popped a few times throughout the RPMs, but didn't make the car jerk.

Dave's got a Screemin' Demon for me to throw on and go for a ride to see if it stops.

May not be the same... But i think mine is the coil pack or wires, cuz the plugs are brand new.

k3v :bandit:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
SRT4INBLACK said:
Na see thats the thing it would have been one thing if i actually was drunk but i had one beer i mean the day that one beer does me in is the day i never take even a sip of something alcoholic
that might be a good thing cause then u will have a cheap night :)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Wow, I was wondering what was going on with you. Sorry to hear you were arrested. But please let this be a lesson in life to you and don't ever repeat that again! Next time you could end up dead or kill others. We would not want to lose our friend! So, enough of the lecture. Nivo thinks it might be your primary o2 sensor, so you might want to check that out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
pull the thottle body off and make sure your intake mani isnt filled with oit due to the pcv system

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
whats the pcv system??....sorry for the stupid queston but i dont know much about my car so im still learning......:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
SRT4INBLACK said:
one beer and didn't pass a roadside sobriety test....

3 words.....................................

2 BEER :gay:

j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k HAHAHA, luv ya dan!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no no it ain't like that ally cat but it's all good :frogtongu yuv ya to ally hehe
anyway To Mama Jean don't worry i will never do that again you should see me drive now it's like driving behind a 92 year old woman never thought that day would come... i thank you for your concern though it means a lot to me seriously thank you. also thank nivo for me i will definetly look into that and for everyone else thankyou i'm definetly going to check everything out!! BG you one funny bastard lol you my boy BLUE!!!!

Also i need everyones phone number so start either pmin me or post it...

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
haha so u drive like me now? 34 in a 35, 44 in a 45 and 80 on the highway lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
dont let him fool ya, this kid is a psycho behind the wheel. hes almost killed me twice, once whiel he was racing my beretta in his old s-10 and once in the srt-4, Hes a manace to society. But he is definately NOT a 2 beer queer. DEFINATELY NOT lol.

BG: PCV Positive Crankcase Ventilation, it basically helps gases escape from the crank case. and gets pulled into the vacuum system. then it's recirculated back into the intake.

·
Registered
945 Posts
oh btw dan here's the pic ya wanted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have a manual boost controller??? Also check your spark plugs!! I had a similar problem when I installed my mbc and the pcm kept setting off a check engine code. Reducing the bleed solved this problem. Also I used to get a misfire code every now and then during startup. Not sure why this was happening but it hasn't done it since about 11 k miles. I now have 19k and had no problems since. ( btw, i run an autoparts store and have access to a real time data obdII scanner...)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SRiceaTer4 said:
hey dan ur wheels are dirty :)
Damnit BG always got to put down the car you know it can hear ya lol but yea i know i got to wash it, it's filthy but i wanna get everything workin back to normal again btw bobby i need ya to help me get the car back to stock if you don't mind that way i can get it back to the dealership and get everything fixed because if whats his name is messin with me i'll find out...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I don't know if your symptoms were like mine, but a coil pack and wires solved my problem.

My research also shows that stock packs aren't the greatest and are known to shit the bed.

k3v

1 - 20 of 27 Posts