Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I never polish new vehicles, I just wax them, that's my personal preference. I wouldn't likely polish a car that was less than 3 years old. Polishes are meant for surfaces that are a bit worn or oxidized as they remove a small layer of clearcoat or paint each time they are used. Wax is a top coating that protects the surface in it's current condition. That's the basic difference, but lots of new technology coming out in each product though and they are all rated as being clear coat safe these days. That's just my opinion, I'm sure there are lots of people who polish their car often as well.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i use the meguires 3 step system about once every three months. It consists of paint cleaner, polish, and wax. Polish strips wax, as does paint cleaner, bug remover, and many other things you use to clean your car. I prefer to polish and wax, just because i think it makes my paint look much deeper and glossier.

·
Registered
361 Posts
simple....polish makes the car shine...wax seals that shine. for the most part wax wont get rid of the swirls and small scratches. There are some wax/polish combos though. I use the mothers 3 step. Pre wax cleaner,polish, wax. I usually only do the 3 steps twice a year..in the spring and in the fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.