Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hearing what sounded like a leak so I mad a leak tester and pressurized the system to 20 psi...as it pressurized I could see the wastegast actuator open up and once it got to around 20 psi i turned the compressor off. I couldn't hear any leaks from the intake side of the engine bay where all the lines are, but I could hear it from behind the engine/under the heat shield area. I even put my hand over the blow-off valve and could barely feel any air coming out from anywhere. I looked at the boost gauge and it would show the pressure go up to 20 then drop off to around 4-5psi then would hold there.
Anyone know why I would hear the air coming from behind the engine? Is my actuator working right?
I was told to buy the AGP actuator but if I'd rather not spend the money if thats not the problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That is most definitely the problem. I just installed my AGP WGA like two days ago. I must say, I never had such good luck with anything. That is the best $165 ever spent. I got lucky with my adjustments the first time. I hit 16psi like a whip, and it hold's till around 5K RPM's where it drops down to 15psi till redline. Go with the AGP. The install was a little difficult, because the heat shield is a pain in the ass. I ended up having to cut the stock WG's rod to make room for one of the bolt's removal's. All in all, once you have it bolted in, the useless vacuum lines taken out of the car, the WG and turbo coupled with a bleeder/boost controller, and adjustments made... You will be quite pleased.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know how much it costs to get something like that installed?
I tried taking the heat shield off myself today and couldn't get the back 2 bolts off...started stripping them so I quit before they were on there for good.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I too had problems with the bolts. The only one I wasn't able to get off due to stripping, was the furthest back on the side. Even with those two bolts tightened down you can probably do what I did, and just pry that motha F'r back far enough to access the flapper arm and pin. It's really pliable. It bends right back. It won't look untouched. I'm sure you'll notice some creasing, but at least you won't be paying some guy to do some easy work. Don't get discouraged. After about 4 hours of stripping that one bolt out bad enough, when I just bent the heat shield back. The rest of the install and tuning took about ten minutes... If that long even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts