Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been quickly getting progressively slower and I've been able to hear the leak recently so I tested it this past weekend. It seems that there is a huge leak coming from the body of my kinetic wastegate. Bubbling up like mad, with a huge amount of air escaping.

Do wastegates break? I've had it on the car for maybe 10,000 kms. Will replacing my wastegate fix this problem? What aftermarket wastegate should I go with (strongest spring, most durable)? I'm S2 toys with many bolt-ons.

Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
pull your wastegate off and check the turbo housing
i replaced my wga thinking it was leaking only to do a leak test and find out i still had one so i took it apart again and realized i had a pin sized hole in my turbo housing right behind the wga

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, a hole in the turbo housing would suck, how'd you fix that?

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to get my hands on another wastegate just in case that's the problem. When the issue started it was a minor boost leak that could barely be felt, then gradually it got worse and now it's really spilling boost. Not sure about the inner workings of a wastegate but if there's a diaphram in there then the gradual nature could be indicative of it working loose, at least that's what I hope.

Got some work to do regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts