Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next week my 05 srt4 is going to get the engine fixed, a rod is knocking..it has oil and no apparent visual leaks..anyways what does dodge do in a situation like this, do they rebuild it, or put a whole new motor in it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the most part, it will al be back to stock by the beginning of next week

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Depends on the dealer. Most will just install a new short block. Some places will rebuild. But when the short block is only 1000 or so...they'll likely just replace it.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
If the cost of the rebuild is 70% of new, then they will use new. The block is not available seperately, so if the block is bad, they will replace new.

One thing that is common is to see a crank seal come loose and leak all the oil out, which is actually an issue w/ crank end play. This REQUIRES a new block and does not allow for rebuild.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ic, my dad said something about them turning the crank.10 or .20 under and he didnt sound to happy sayin that...so i hope they dont do that ..thanks for all of your inputs too

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have my 05 in shop as of this moment i have rod knock also there rebuilding it. if its any dealer like daytona dodge there goin to order wrong or not all parts that they need till last moment i hope u have 2-3 weeks of time away from ur srt its hell to me

·
Registered
200 Posts
update on my car the crank seal like thepowertowin said im happy and sad at the same time sigh im never goin to get my car back. how long should a new head take to put in

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope my car isnt gone for more then a month getting the engine fixed on it, i have already made 2 payments without driving it

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
ikon88 said:
i hope my car isnt gone for more then a month getting the engine fixed on it, i have already made 2 payments without driving it
There should be no reason to take longer than a week. What on earth would take that long?

·
Registered
842 Posts
thepowertowin said:
One thing that is common is to see a crank seal come loose and leak all the oil out, which is actually an issue w/ crank end play. This REQUIRES a new block and does not allow for rebuild.

This is how I got my new motor. And it wiped out the stock turbo.

·
Registered
842 Posts
jwren said:
update on my car the crank seal like thepowertowin said im happy and sad at the same time sigh im never goin to get my car back. how long should a new head take to put in
I had mine back in 5 business days. The only reason it took that long was I had the Mopar performance clutch put in it and they were waiting for it to get to them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont know why i think it will take so long, it just seems they take forever with stuff like that, im just going to send it with the bov on, and then raise hell if they dont replace the engine, cuz the blow off valve cant blow the engine and they have to prove that, also if i leave it on, when they put a new engine in it or whatever will i lose my bov?

·
Registered
200 Posts
bov is fine that cant hurt the car its the wastegate that counts dont have more than stock boost and stock wastegate and ur fine....then raise hell

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is 15-16 psi stock for an srt4? thats what it has ran since i got it..im clueless if the wastegate has been tampered with

·
Registered
200 Posts
mine was running 5psi when i had stock wastegate aftermarket wastegate take to dealer is a no no i did that with my local stealership and the refused so i had to take it to daytona dodge and they SUCK

·
SRTforums Nazi Admin
16,228 Posts
at least u are getting warranty work if i bought my car to the dealer they look at me and laugh for ANYTHING haha even when i was almost stock. with just a mopar bov and borla exhaust they said my warranty was void HAHA i hate stealerships.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts