Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to do cams on my 2004 srt4 as of now I have a few things done to it such as fuel pump, air intake, throttle body with a spacer, full exhaust with downpipe, boomba fuel rail, adjustable wastegate, well it comes with a whole stage 2 kit with toys, Diablo sport trinity, and it has a meth injection. I feel like there’s more but I can’t remember as of now but I was wondering what I would need to maybe get my car ready for a cam? Or better said what are thoughts on cams and what not

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
From what I've read...there are two airflow items that should be addressed before cams become useful.

1) The stock miniature TD04 turbo needs to be replaced with something that can actually flow more air.
2) Head porting, especially the tiny exhaust bowl area.

Sorry for the bad news...besides changing cams is a pain and while you are that deep into the job pulling the head is not that much additional effort.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i figured that turbo would be one thing I mean I do plan on upgrading it pretty soon but I don’t wanna go to crazy and get something to big so I’m still undecided about that and we’ll about the head I’m sure I can work something out so basically cams is a no for now lol is there any other mods you’d recommend?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
what is your reasoning behind wanting to install an upgraded cam?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overall I don’t really know what else I can install besides a turbo so I was thinking maybe cams and turbo would be next I mean now I want to see what else I can do besides the cam and turbo to make it faster meanwhile I can look into a turbo setup and a can

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Cams wont really help (and can hurt) performance with a stock cylinder head. Cams really only come into place once you already have a larger turbo and a built head. The head and cams would ideally go on at the same time. From the small list of mods your have provided, i would say if you're looking to make more power, now is the time to go to a larger turbo.

For reference, the power number you see in my signature below my posts is with a completely stock head, cams, and intake manifold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good I’ll probably start looking into a turbo I just want something a little bigger nothing to crazy lol and damn that’s not with a stock turbo right?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Sounds good I’ll probably start looking into a turbo I just want something a little bigger nothing to crazy lol and damn that’s not with a stock turbo right?
no, not stock turbo. I have an AGP kit on my car.

look into the offerings from turbobayperformance.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts