Dodge SRT Forum banner

wannaGOFAST will have at least one SRT-4 in the field.

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  LORDHELMET_1 
#1 ·
I picked up my car last week from Brutal Speed & Tuning. Nigel, repaired the transmission and the car was tuned at 31 psi. The FIC 1100 CC injectors are holding the car back from making more power but I am more then satisfied with the results.

On a 34 psi pull the car made 687 whp and 640tq but Nigel had to abort the pull at 6000rpm because the fuel system was maxed out. On the 31 psi pull to 7200rpm the car made 663whp and 601 tq.

I signed up for the May 3rd wannaGOFAST event at Hot Springs, Virginia. It looks like a kick ass event and I hope to do well in the FWD class:thumbsup: I will post some video's of the event once I get back...

#3 ·
I don't know which dyno he used but if you are referring to the Mustang dyno at Tru Dyno sports, my car made 613 whp on that dyno a couple of years ago. At that time, the car was out of fuel at that power level. I installed larger fuel pumps last year and the car was tuned after the transmission was rebuilt. The air temp was cooler this time around so that might have helped some...

#5 ·
I wanted to do their event in Florida last month but it sold out in less than 2 hours and I missed the chance to go.

I will be at their Clayton GA (hour from my house) event in the fall!

#9 ·
That's awesome, i'm happy to see so many of these starting up. They started doing events like that out here in AZ recently. They use the Gila Bend Municipal Airport. There's a No-Fly Zone event March 7th, and Race Wars April 18th. The race wars actually allows bikes!

I was hoping to get to 500wheel by the time March 7th hits, may or may not reach that goal...

#12 · (Edited)
I used to run an Act twin disc clutch but it was horrible to use on public roads. I changed the clutch to the 6-puck last year. I had just finished breaking it in when I loaded the E-85 tune and proceeded to destroy fourth gear while doing a WOT pull.

At this time, I really can't answer your lockout question. However, I did ask Nigel to set up my WOT BOX and he informed me the clutch shifted fast but it just would not WOT shift in 3rd and 4th gear. He did not report any lockout but as soon as the road conditions improve, I'll take my car for a ride and I will let you know how she does. The limiter is set at 7200rpm.

Those are some cool pictures!

#14 ·
Glad to see you got the car back. When I get the auto out and the 5 speed back in I'd love to see what mine will do.

#15 ·
Thanks, Ed... Hey, can you send me a PM with your phone number. My old phone was destroyed and I was not able to save any of the data...

If they do it in Virgia next year, I would be willing to sign up again. It would be cool to see a few fast srt-4 at the event. I checked out the wannagofast facebook page and I saw a couple of Civic and a couple GTI that are signed up. They also have some sick ass cars that are going to blow my wing away if I line up against them. lol

#16 ·
Update with video of two of my three passes...

My first pass was on 26 psi to test traction, it was a clean pass and the car ran a solid 159.57 MPH. On the second pass, I turned up the boost to 34 psi. During the run I blew the brake booster cap and the intake manifold gasket. I lost some power and I had no power brakes for the deceleration... My ass tighten to the size of a decimal point but there was plenty of runway left and I was able to slow down safely. I repaired the problem and on the third pass, I again blew the intake manifold gasket and I lost some power. On the third pass the car ran a best of 159.91MPH. I'm sure without the gasket problems I would have ran in the upper 160's range. I could only manage three passes... However, I still had a great time and I met some really cool people. My car was received well by some of the people at the event. By the way, I won the FWD Privateer class...:thumbsup:

I want to thank Nigel and John from Brutal Speed and Tuning. Nigel, did a great job dialing in the tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH8WjbAA0eQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8e1dLfW3Nw

#18 ·
I'll be there as well...:readclose Try to sign up for Saturday so we can have two Neon in the field.

I removed the intake manifold today and I am getting it decked, that should resolved the gasket problem I've been encountering. I'm also going to re-install the carbon fiber pvo truck lid, remove the rear seat and fill the tank only to 1/4 to help lighten up the car for the event.

#23 ·
Sorry you couldn't make it.... It was a fun event.

I won both days with a best of ~158 on Saturday and 161.75 on Sunday. Car was 100% as I drive it on the street and for Optima events. Full interior, REAL street tires and full aero most of the time. Didn't have time to realign the car so I still had 2.7* of camber in the front and a touch of toe out.

It was a bit of a windy day with a cross at times, but overall a great event. "AWARDS" ceremony was pretty crappy as I waited for 2 hours on Saturday to be told "We will do that tomorrow" (along with the crowd of other class winners) and then on Sunday was just handed only the Saturday award because the FWD times for Sunday weren't in the computer yet. WTF?

#24 ·
Congratulations Doug!! I really wanted to go but my wife was having a series of early contractions and I didn't want to risk being out of State....

I am planing on attending at least one event next year. I'll let you know which one, so maybe we can run in the same event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.