Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...has anyone talked to their dealer about what modifications would void the warranty? Initially, the guy told me that a modification to any part would void the warranty on that part...but, he also told me that any modification could be a way for them to get out of the warranty altogether. He said..."of course we wouldn't do that....but, we could." He also told me that even adding the Mopar upgrades and parts could void it. However, I've heard that if you get Mopar parts and have them installed by the dealer, its something different. This all seems so confusing....does anyone know any more about it?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
in the past if Mopar mods are added they carry a 12mon/12k mile warranty IF deler installed otherwise you are withing violation of the warranty guidelines. correct me if im wrong but thats what i recall

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
acr2nv said:
in the past if Mopar mods are added they carry a 12mon/12k mile warranty IF deler installed otherwise you are withing violation of the warranty guidelines. correct me if im wrong but thats what i recall
Do you mean to say that if you install them yourself, it will void the warranty? And if you have the dealer install it, the warranty will still be valid? Enlighten me a little plz!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I think the only way to keep it under warranty is to have the dealer install any upgrades. That is the only real way Dodge is sure they were installed correctly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The dealer I have been dealing with reports that little things like an air filter or exhaust will be tolerated.
As far as the mopar offerings, if you have them installed at the dealer than your car keeps its factory warranty.
Up to stage two that is, stage three voids your warranty and is for racing only.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is a separate booklet that comes with the car that explains the warranty program. There is a page in it that lists several things that will void the warranty (sorry, I don't have it with me right now).

MP parts have no warranty at all. If you buy a MP part and it doesn't work right out of the box, too bad, unless the dealer feels like being nice. That doesn't mean that it will void your car's warranty, just no warranty on the part itself.

I'm not sure f the stage 3 kit would void the warranty. It probably would since it's a racing kit. Personally, I would keep all of the original parts and put them back on before taking it in for warranty coverage.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
This has been posted before, and I'm sure the policy is different for every dealer, but mine told me that if they felt the mod was responsible for the damage, the repair job wouldn't be covered, otherwise it would be. So it didn't sound like an all or nothing thing to me.

They also told me that any Mopar upgrades would have to be dealer installed to be covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts