Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says which is better? Are they the same? I ask because I want to get a VGauge for boost and obviously they don't match my AEM Wideband so the idea of getting a VGauge wideband is appealing.

However, everyone talks about getting the AEM Wideband which is what I did and my assumption is it is better or more accurate than any others on the market . . . however, I am aware that could be a very poor assumption. :(

Anyone who has any information on this please post a reply because if there is either no difference between the accuracy of these 2 wideband gauges other than looks then I might sell my AEM Wideband and get the VGauge wideband.

-Brad-

·
Registered
132 Posts
REsponded to your PM on this also but for everyone else.... the VEI gauge is much more accurate than the autometer. BTW, I think your stock gauge is made by autometer isn't it? The VEI gauge uses a very fast responding piezo sensor. Accuracy is better than 98%. I'm not sure of the accuracy of the AEM gauge. Btw any gauge that uses a diaphram-type sender (looks like an oil-pressure sender) cannot be so accurate as they respond slower.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Okay an update or clarification on what I said above ... the VACUUM-BOOST gauge is better than 98% accuracy. The AFR gauge is 99% accurate.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
the VEI and Innovate combination offers many many more options than the AEM.

the controller is very configurable and so is the gauge itself.

if you want you can sell your AEM for around 250.

you can buy my innovate controller for 100$ and then buy the vei gauge, and still have money left over for drugs and alcohol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTR said:
the VEI and Innovate combination offers many many more options than the AEM.

the controller is very configurable and so is the gauge itself.

if you want you can sell your AEM for around 250.

you can buy my innovate controller for 100$ and then buy the vei gauge, and still have money left over for drugs and alcohol.
Dumb question but what is the innovate controller? Is that the new wideband A/F gauge from VEI Systems? Why are you selling it?

So you think the VEI gauges and wideband are a better choice?

-Brad-

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I like it much better. It is cheaper and matches my boost gauge. Plus it is the wideband controller that is the accurate part, the gauge just displays it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts