Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to take off my coil pack and the wire harness does not want to come off. I even completely removed the little red piece of plastic and it still does not want to budge. I feel stupid saying this because I usually feel pretty mechanically inclined but I have been trying to get this off for close to an hour now! lol I know it is something that is very simple and maybe I am over-thinking it. Can someone please tell me the easiest way to disconnect the stupid wiring harness from the coil pack?:crying: Thanks.

EDIT: I feel even more sTupid now since I misspelled the word in my title.......

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Do not pry anything. There is no need.
You also did not need to remove the red safety lock.
As stated above, you need to depress a tab and the connector will come right off, you man need to wiggle side to side while pulling off.

The red safety lock that you removed only stops the tab from being depressed. So that it can not "fall" off.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, while I was inside my brother was trying to get it off and he broke the little tab that is there to push down on. Any ideas on how to get it off now? Before he had broken it I was holding down on the ab and yanking like a mother effer and it would not come off. WTF? I have no idea what to do now. Would having the little red piece removed stop it from coming off?

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
look really close at the tab & you'll see where the peice moves when you push down on the tab .... well now that you broke the tab off, youre going to want to go in there with a small flat head probably and push up from the opposite side (so it does the same thing as if you were pushing down on the tab) .... in lamens terms - it acts like a see-saw, so if you push on one side, the other goes down

hopefully you get what im saying ... good luck

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uncommon said:
look really close at the tab & you'll see where the peice moves when you push down on the tab .... well now that you broke the tab off, youre going to want to go in there with a small flat head probably and push up from the opposite side (so it does the same thing as if you were pushing down on the tab) .... in lamens terms - it acts like a see-saw, so if you push on one side, the other goes down

hopefully you get what im saying ... good luck
Thanks, I will take a close look at it with a flashlight and check it out.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it off right after my last post, thanks for the help guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts