Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, while hanging out, my friends decided that we wanted to run my car against some of theirs, knowing they wouldn't have a chance, but all in good fun.
Well, we all gathered outside of town on a large gravel pull out. There is a 10 mile or so stretch of 100% flat ground. And then a little bit wavey after that for another 10 or so.
So, me, my friend in Her '04 GT, another friend in a Pontiac Grand Am are sitting here. I line up with the Grand Am to have a little fun when an ass hat that we all know pulls up. We talk for a min or two and the he pulls up next to my friends GT. Well, then he gets a bright idea to do fucking donuts around her car whilst f-ing spraying my car with rocks! WHAT IN THE HELL :flame: He almost hits my friends GT at the same time.
So I get out, the maddest I think I have ever been and start yelling. He takes off so I follow. We stopped at a stop sign. By this time I figured if I was going to get my car fixed, I wouldn't be able to kick his ass.
Now, my car is less than two weeks old. I baby the hell out of it.
So anyways, we get out and look, and there are about 4 spots with 5 or so chips in each group. He says he will pay for it, so I took his number down. I have like, 5 or so witnesses.

My question is, if he won't pay up front for it, what do I do? Take him to court. Any input is very much welcome.

I will now return to my Lemonade and Absolut. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Get him to sign a paper stating that he will pay for all damages. Then take it in to the best damn body shop and get it done. Then rent a car. Then send him the bill plus $3,000 in damages. If he does not pay take him to small claims for $5000 in damages (max you can sue for is $5000). Show the judge the paper he signed and all the bills plus the money he owes you for your inconvenience, hardships etc. You will win.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Does this ass hat have insurance ? It sounds like he still lives at home if he is still doing stupis shit like this so maybe talk to his parents for the insurance info and turn a claim in ? If you have multiple chips in your paint you might have to repaint the entire car to make it look even. I wouldn't even bother sending him a bill, just get his insurance info and submit a claim.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called my mom because I was soo pissed. She said that the truck he was driving is not even his, its his step moms. He said that he wanted me to take it down and get it looked at on Monday. So, I will take it down and have it looked it.

Since its his step moms truck, I'm willing to bet that he was not able to actually drive the truck legally. That might make it so I can't get the insurance to pay if he won't out of pocket, correct?

All I know is that if I have to personally pay to have my car fixed, that boy is gonna get fucked up :ninja:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
as long as the car is insured, then you should be okay with their insurance. He might not have been able to drive it, but that doesnt mean that the truck isnt insured.

good luck bro...that sucks to hear about you paying for other peoples stupidity..we've all been there and done that

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I see that its his fault, but get YOUR insurance company involved. They work for you and will gladly squeeze the hell out of his for you. :thumbsup: You also MAY need to file a police report (depends on companies)

Its threads like this that make me glad to be 43 years old LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
you cant file a police report, now....its too late for that. Besides, if he goes thru HIS insurance, it might increase, because your getting THEM involved. Its a good idea, but just ask ur ins. co. before getting them involved.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey where in wy are you from?? I live in edgemont sd which is pretty close to the border.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
NYYDYNASTY said:
you cant file a police report, now....its too late for that. Besides, if he goes thru HIS insurance, it might increase, because your getting THEM involved. Its a good idea, but just ask ur ins. co. before getting them involved.
The original poster's question was:

"My question is, if he won't pay up front for it, what do I do? Take him to court"

So my answer was based on that......... he should call his insurance company and already should have called the police.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Romans8:28 said:
The original poster's question was:

"My question is, if he won't pay up front for it, what do I do? Take him to court"

So my answer was based on that......... he should call his insurance company and already should have called the police.
gotcha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts