Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm running a Blitz SBC-DC, and it works great, the turbo spools quick, and it pulls like mad.... however....

If I set it for say, 15 psi, by the time I'm up to redlins and starting at about 3800 rpm, the boost drops to about 11 psi.

Very frustrated, need to fix this, it's killin me!

Jon

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
your stock wastegate spring is killin ya..its only a 4 pounder so i'd suggest looking into the AGP Turbo Actuator Arm mod

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah.... I'll just go ahead and toss that brand new Blitz unit to the side and shell out another half g, hey it's only money! :roll:

Jon

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Actually what you can do is use the scramble boost feature on your unit. Set it to like 18psi. Then once you cross over the 4200 rpm point, hit the scamblllllllllle boost. Your solenoid should open up more preventing the boost from dropping.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
stlthfixr said:
Yeah.... I'll just go ahead and toss that brand new Blitz unit to the side and shell out another half g, hey it's only money! :roll:

Jon

ya get rid of the best EBC out there, for 1 of the worst... thats a good idea

I think a better idea would be to fix the problem, and get a AGP Actuator, and a good BOV, and remove the stock POS...

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i would second that motion.

·
Registered
537 Posts
can someone please give me more information on the actuator arm mod?
how much is it?
how long will it take (i have done everything from a simple cam swap to a shift kit in a C6{cool passages in the valvebody} to swapping engines{very easy with the right tools})?
and this one is for kicks--will it void my warranty? :lol:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I wouldnt know about the mod but i do know one thing.
DC is prolly going to be on the lookout for mods done to the cars that are having problems.

Having been in the diesel scene for a while same goes with the ford dealers, if theres a chance that a aftermarket mod or a garage mod messed something up its their call to void the warrenty.

I had to wait until my 100k warrenty was up on my Powerstroke diesel until I stated modding it.

Of course the diesel was about $8k. Yes $8,000 dollars to replace might of had somthing to do with it.

But I can garuntee they will be on the lookout for mods. Whatever you do I suggest not making it permanent and keep easily replaceable to what it was stock if you have issues.

·
Registered
537 Posts
mr diesel, you rock!
i don't care that your truck weighs 3tons, over 650 ft lbs is enough to overcome that weight. :shock:

I remember reading one of my brothers mopar magazines and they had a couple diesels. one made over 1,000 ft lbs on the dyno. he had nitrous and propane, among many other mods.

I bet you can watch the gas gauge go down when you are getting on it. another 25 gallons of gas turned into vapor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.