Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok I have searched a ton & can't get any straight answers from all these diagrams that I found so will this work:

T into the throttle body, and run one line to the bov, then the otjer up to the brake booster...then run a line from the turbo directly to the wg which is STOCK and then cap off the black & green lines...any help is good, or if someone knows of a link to answer this lmk! thanks...I am just wondering if this setup will work & not cause me to be off of PCM control

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks, im just gonna run the wg line and turbo line to the solenoids so I stay on pcm control. What about a T tho into the throttle body and then up to the brake boostr?

right now there are a few lines T'd into my throttle body and one is a black hardline so im just a little confused

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I went back and ripped ALL my lines out one night and started completely from scratch, and fucked with it until my shit ran right. Took a few hours but got it right and now I understand how it all works. I suggest you do the same or you will probably never understand it fully!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
through more searching I found that I finally have them all routed correctly except for the blue harline thats t'd off at the compressor & there is a black line as well which is t'd intl my throttle body...so how do I correctly eliminate them lines? I know to eliminate the t and cap the nipple on the turbo but what else do I do to the blue line and the solenoid?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does the entire blue hardline get removed from the solenoid and the solenoid just get capped or unplugged?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That blue line should be from the solenoid n to the t fitting next to the turbo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

yes that is how it is currently. Running from the solenoid to the T near the turbo where the green check valves are...so do I remove the line from the turbo & cap the nipple on the turbo?

And if so then what do I do with the blue line, cap it or vent it to atmosphere? Although I feel venting it wouldn't make sense since it senses boost signals ha. Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at a friend of mines srt last night and he said to run my lines like him...he has a T at the throttle body with one line going to near the brake booster and green cv, then the other to his bov. Nothing in between. Is that a correct setup for aftermarket bov & staying on pcm boost?

btw if it helps I have a stage 1 pcm.

Also sorry if this is a "noob" issue but I cant get a straight answer from SEARCHING and I know there are ppl on here who can help, so please do!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump...I need some help please!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you follow the diagram you will be fine

ok I am good with the diagram except for ONE thing...I capped the nipple on the turbo where the blue line went, now what do I do with the blue line? plug it, vent it to atmosphere or remove it? And if I need to remove it do I cap the solenoid or juat leave it alone

·
Registered
198 Posts
ok I am good with the diagram except for ONE thing...I capped the nipple on the turbo where the blue line went, now what do I do with the blue line? plug it, vent it to atmosphere or remove it? And if I need to remove it do I cap the solenoid or juat leave it alone
Yeah just take all the lines out of solenoid #3 the middle one, also since ya should have a block off plate, cap the nipple where the surge valve would have been. I dont think you cap the nipple on the turbo thats where the green line goes to. The blue line should have ran into a t fitting near there, ya should cap that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah just take all the lines out of solenoid #3 the middle one, also since ya should have a block off plate, cap the nipple where the surge valve would have been. I dont think you cap the nipple on the turbo thats where the green line goes to. The blue line should have ran into a t fitting near there, ya should cap that

ok thank u! And yes as u just described thats pretty much my setup except I still have the factory red line running into a fitting on my agp hardpipe. Now when I remove all them lines do I plug the solenoid where the lines went or just unplig it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You do not have to do anything with the blue solenoid, leave it there with the plug plugged in and leave the port open to atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
Just saw this thread, it's really pretty simple.

Unhook the blue line from the solenoid and follow it back to the turbo. Remove it from the T and cap the nipple (or put in a straight connector).

Unhook the pink line from the solenoid, follow it back to the surge valve, remove the surge valve and pink line. Install block off plate on the turbo.

Unhook the black line from the solenoid and follow it to the throttle body. Unhook the black line from the T. Run a new piece of vacuum tubing from that T to your BOV and you're done.

There should be no lines remaining on the solenoid. The black, pink and blue lines are removed from the car. Just want to point out, the brake booster line is actually under the intake manifold and a much larger diameter. The line on the throttle body that has the T is for the emissions system. There were some incorrectly drawn diagrams in the past that showed it going to the brake booster but that's not actually the case.

This is the correct diagram for aftermarket BOV and PCM controlled boost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts