Dodge SRT Forum banner

Using S2 IC sprayer as Water Injection

860 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  glhs837 
#1 ·
anyone tried this yet? I have upgraded to a CCA FMIC so the sprayers don't do me much anymore, i'm thinking about just running them into my cold side hard pipe.

#2 ·
I've thought of this, pump has sufficient psi, might be able to find the nozzle gph through aquamists site, they are color coded.

#4 ·
NoLongerStock said:
What about spraying on the inlet of the turbo?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

This will cause the turbo to die a very quick death regardless of how well the water is automized. Imagine a VERY small droplet of water hitting a turbo compressor blade that is spinning at well over 100,000 rpm!!

#5 ·
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/rescr/rescr.html

Read and learn:) These guys are about the biggest name in the biz, they supply WRC teams and such. Of course it's almost the most exspensive system out there. Our very own Coolingmists systems are just as effective, but these guys have a ton of info to learn from.

Unless you are an absolute fanatic, learn from these guys, buy from coolingmist:)

Of course, if you ARE a fanantic, our very own Psi-Fi are Aquamist distributors.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/pic2/jets/jets.html

Here you go, a chart showing AQs color code charts

Hmmm, remove the spraybars, and two of the nozzles. Run it as a two stage system. One nozzle left to trigger as it would by the sprayer system, the other not turned on until you activate racegas, then it gets triggered by the the same signal.

So you end up with

Leave the system in Auto. When it would be spraying the intercooler, it's injecting instead, but just one nozzle.

When you hit racegas mode, that enables (not sure how) the second sprayer, which still doesn't inject til the system would have sprayed.

Unless the S2 sprayer system "leads" the temps by so much you get stumble, it should work.

#6 ·
spraying on the inlet turbo system is not a good idea. I do know an rx7 owner that has done this with his Turbo II. He has a very, very specialized system and has nearly a full fledge race car. You need very special nozzles to be able to do this, I dont recommend it.

As far as using the windshield washer pump you will never get the atomization you need. At some point I will hook up a windshield washer pump and my pump and show the difference. Also, the windshield washer pump is not a demand pump, so it will not shut off if there is a clog, meaning your pump will go bad and you will burst a water line if there is a clog.

I'm running a special right now, check out the forum if your interested. Thanks!

#7 ·
cm, we're not talking about the cars washer pump, but the S2 sprayer pump, which is an Aquamist unit made for Mopar by AQ. Which mists from four yellow AQ nozzles at the same time so pressure should be suffient.

#9 ·
OK, I did it. I have it setup basically how 837 talked about, but I am using a toggle switch intsead of the 100+ switch. I would try it out, but my car is dead so I won't have any results until I get my a new turbocharger. I drilled & tapped my hard pipes and ran two nozzles about 45 degrees across from eachother.

#11 ·
And you get the new turbo WHEN, exactly?? (tapping foot impaiently)

Got that turbo in there yet? (drumming fingers on desk)

Get back to us:) Me, gotta get the Iceman to make room for a tank, hoping to roll that into my S3 purchase, if I suck up, I mean tell the wife I'm doin it damnit!!!:)

If I fail, I will most likey try for the Iceman as a consolation (losers) prize:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.