Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second time this has happened to me this week. I'm not sure how to fix this??

P0522 Engine Oil Pressure sensor/switch circuit (low input)
and
P0344 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 1 or Single Sensor?

How do I fix this mess? Once the light came on in the car, she ran like shit. I was on the expressway and I couldn't excellerate without the car hesitating/bucking/choking out.

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the second time this has happened to me this week. I'm not sure how to fix this??

and

How do I fix this mess? Once the light came on in the car, she ran like shit. I was on the expressway and I couldn't excellerate without the car hesitating/bucking/choking out.

Can anyone help me?
bump for help!

·
Banned
153 Posts
hey i had p0344 happen to me this week and i replaced the cam position sensor and it didnt do anything..so right now im doing the crank position sensor to see if it fixes the problem because i have been told the pcm may confuse the cam position sensor for crank dealer told me if its not the crank then it might be the wiring may be no good i been told...:flame:

·
Banned
153 Posts
hey i just tried the crank position sensor and the outcome got me more pissed the fuck off nothing it still doing the same shit...im going to a certified tech who works on the wiring that goes too the cam position sensor to see if any wire is fried and is not sending signal too the cam sensor...:flame:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey i just tried the crank position sensor and the outcome got me more pissed the fuck off nothing it still doing the same shit...im going to a certified tech who works on the wiring that goes too the cam position sensor to see if any wire is fried and is not sending signal too the cam sensor...:flame:
keep me informed. i'm fn pissed too

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay. Here's what I think caused my problem. When I checked my vacc lines, my line from the external wg to the stock solenoid, it was completely dry rotted and busted. I put a new silicone line on. I then switched from the stock bc (solenoid green) back to my TurboXS HP manual BC. So far so good. I haven't had any problems with the code. Now I'm not sure if this is the reason why my car threw the camshaft sensor code?

If there's anyone out there reading this, can you chime in? What are your thoughts? Also, my oil (idiot light) has been going off quite frequently. Is this just a bad sensor? or do you think I'm experiencing oil pressure issues? I don't have an oil pressure gauge. This is my next investment.

Please help if you can!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
okay. Here's what I think caused my problem. When I checked my vacc lines, my line from the external wg to the stock solenoid, it was completely dry rotted and busted. I put a new silicone line on. I then switched from the stock bc (solenoid green) back to my TurboXS HP manual BC. So far so good. I haven't had any problems with the code. Now I'm not sure if this is the reason why my car threw the camshaft sensor code?

If there's anyone out there reading this, can you chime in? What are your thoughts? Also, my oil (idiot light) has been going off quite frequently. Is this just a bad sensor? or do you think I'm experiencing oil pressure issues? I don't have an oil pressure gauge. This is my next investment.

Please help if you can!!
Issue is fixed! It turned out to be the dry rotted vacc line from WG to BC. After driving it around so much unnoticed, the sensor went bad. I thought something felt different when I was under boost. The power wasn't there. When I fixed the vacc line, the camshaft sensor would continue to trigger and caused the engine light to illuminate. The car would spudder. I replaced the sensor and the problem was resolved. The part cost me $46 at Chrystler thanks to a buddy of mine that works there. It typically costs like $60.

The oil pressure switch is my next task.

·
Banned
153 Posts
wat vac line was that..becuz i have inspected every vacc line..and i have no boost controller..and have the same problem just boggs out..i bought a camshaft position sensor from c.a.p but does not tell me if the cps is 4 the turbo or non turbo...

·
Registered
2 Posts

and

Can anyone help me?
Hey man , ik you made this post about 15 years ago , but i now have these sane exact codes on my 2009 Dodge Charger, if you even remember can you tell me what the issue was and how it was resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts

and

Can anyone help me?
Hey man , ik you made this post about 15 years ago , but i now have these sane exact codes on my 2009 Dodge Charger, if you even remember can you tell me what the issue was and how it was resolved?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Both are circuit codes, troubleshoot the circuit. find end A at the ecu and then end B at the device and work back to find the issue, Intermittent issues in my experience have been a connector or sensor, and missing signals have been the device, mice or other rodents who like to chew wires.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.