Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought it wouldnt be here till friday!
SURPRISE!
ill get pics up in a few mins and maybe get it installed tonight

stay tuned!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
faster faster!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://import.h8rs.com/neonwasp/bov/

3 pics

3 vids, they're not done yet, nothing exciting just me unpacking it and making funny noises :p

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
NICE! :shock:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Hey guys - a question - How much of the mods you all are already doing is voiding the warranty? I ended up buying a 7 year 70,000 extended warranty because I get talked into things easily, and for a grand, it seemed like a good idea to make sure the car stays with me for a while.

Now I want to make the car even quicker, within substantial limits - I want to put the stage II kit on it, but I would also like a BOV that had a good sound. I obviously have to wait for MOPAR to realease the kit, but until then, is the BOV you just got going to void your warranty? Or do you just plan to take it off if you have to take it into the dealer? I have ordered a BLITZ TT, but stayed away from a EBC. Any info you can give me would be great.

BTW - congrats on getting your part so soon - the pics look awesome.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Neon, I think it's really cool that you and your buds are doing most of the work yourselves on your new toy. Enjoy the fun you're having buying all of those parts, it will end or slow down significantly when you get married & have a kid. :shock:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yep, looks just like mine. :wink: I recommened taking out the air box. Also, I had to cut down the silicon connectors. It is a VERY tight fit. Let us know how the install went!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
install went pretty quick, it is a tight fit and the thing screams, but i think i might be losing boost, or its just too cold. im only pulling about 10 pounds and i can hear air leaking from it. the screw is almost all the way down and we tightened both nuts. any ideas or does everything sound normal?

thanks

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I wonder if that's why they included STEP 9: "....tighten all clamps and test for leaks." :?:

·
Registered
313 Posts
A BOV is almost ALWAYS sucking in air. The noise you are heaing is probably normal. Obviously I can't say for sure without hearing it. Drive it over to this side of Ohio this weekend and I'll let you know if it is normal. :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silver, you hush now k? :p

night yeah long drive :) i'll see if boost is normal tomorrow when it warms up. i hope its ok

for those with HKS which way do you turn it to close it up (less air) and open it up?

i'll try and get the drive by video up in a few..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RUgoinup said:
Neon, I think it's really cool that you and your buds are doing most of the work yourselves on your new toy. Enjoy the fun you're having buying all of those parts, it will end or slow down significantly when you get married & have a kid. :shock:
22, college, good job, no g/f, no kids, no rent
Im gonna enjoy it to the fullest! EBC coming soon :) I LOVE THIS CAR!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://import.h8rs.com/neonwasp/bov/thumb_1.htm

the last three videos in the that dir.. 78 is inside and the other two are outside... hope this helps you get an idea. of course its louder in person than the camera picked up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man I am so envious of you NeonWasp. Hope you have fun with the new noise. I called ATP since I'm in their local area, and they said they didn't have any downpipes because all you guys bought them. I wanted to get the UPP and DP and the same time. I guess I have to wait a little longer

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
wasp you are such a weirdo !! anyways you need to label your files a little better .. its kinda hard to go thru em all .. but kewl anyways

and btw up pipes are not smoking utensils !! :wink:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HAHAHA ITS A [email protected]#

yeah i thought it would be funny to do that.

im sorry about labelling them but i just dont take the time :\
i try to get them up quick and then i forget to make it organized!

temp is 52 out today so im gonna see if im still leaking too much boost :\

any more help on that would be nice... and i'll let you know how it goes.

btw.. were the videos any good?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
the woooshing noises were pretty funny :shock:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Wasp.....You have it ALREADY? I wish I would have known....I would have come over this evening to see it...:-( But...let me know when is a good time....Thanks...:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts