Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whatsup guys. I have a question regarding exhuast hangers. Does anyone offer upgraded rubber exhaust hangers possibly to a urethane material? I had used hangers from http://kartboy.com/hangers.html when I had my mazdaspeed protege and they worked great. It kept the system stiff as hell and no vibration was to be found. I just e-mailed Tom at kartboy.com to petition him to make hangers for our cars. Would anyone else be interested. I'm just trying to get a feel so I can link him to this thread if he decides its a route he wants to take. Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Id be in.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I had these hangers installed on my mazdaspeed for quite some time with no problems whatsoever. I also have never seen anyone on the mazda forums having issues with the hangers as far as them creating any problems. It makes the exhaust play non esistent. As long as the welds on your hanger are not too thin you will not have any issues at all. This will also prolong the life of your system. (btw mitsu and subaru guys use these as well)

I spoke to Tom at kartboy and he advised that his 10mm exhaust hangers may work with our cars. He is a really nice guy and I fully stand behind his products. If anyone is interested we may be able to get a groupbuy going. If anyone knows how big our stock hanger is lmk. If not I'll take one of mine down tomorrow and post a better picture for him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yea and I forgot to add the 4 piece set is $28+shipping I'll see what we can do about the price as our cars stock only have two rubber hangers. I'm not sure about aftermarket exhaust systems. The diameter will be the same but someone chime in that has an aftermarket system if more than two rubber hangers are used. Thanks

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
However many exhaust hangers come from the factory should be the same number all aftermarket exhaust manufacturers use, since I imagine they build their setups to coencide w/factory specs for ease of installation. I'm drawing a blank though. Are there 3 hangers or 4? I know there's one at each tip, but is there another one at the mid-pipe??? Will somebody without a suit and tie on look under their car for me. LOL.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok I didn't look at the rear axle. Thanks guys for chiming in. :) The test set will be in any day now. I get my new digi cam in a couple of days so I'll post some quality shots and we can get this groupbuy going! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.