Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading the newest Sport Compact Car magazine and found out a little bit more info on an available aftermarket LSD and the Mopar Stage kits. Of course, we all know how much can change before actual releases, so believe what you want. Quaife America is already making an LSD for the SRT-4. I have confirmed this to be REAL, and not a rumor. You can see for yourself at www.quaifeamerica.com Download the PDF file for price list and it's already listed. No price as of yet, but I will be calling Monday to see if they have any figures yet. Most likely will be around the same price as the ones they currently sell for the Neons, give or take $100 or so. Next, about the Stage kits. I myself work at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership (Service Advisor) and have not been able to confirm any of the following info, but I'll post as soon as more is known. But Stage 1 kit is to include an upgraded ECU,bigger fuel injectors,and a 2.5" exhaust mid-pipe and is supposed to put figures around 235HP/260lbs.ft. torque. Stage 2 consists of a bigger turbo (TD05),intergral manifold, even bigger injectors, a fuel pressure regulator, a few upgraded sensors, and same mid-pipe as Stage 1.Numbers then are speculated at around 270HP/270lbs.ft.torque. Stage 3 will contain the same upgrades as Stage 2, but will also include a 3-bar MAP sensor, Cat.Conv. delete pipe.("test pipe") and will generate numbers around 300/300. No pricing has been announced, but as soon as we can pull the part #'s at work, I'll get you guys prices. If anything, I'll see what I can do about getting the parts discounted for anyone wanting to purchase. Again, if you want to criticize any of this info, send an e-mail to Sport Compact Car magazine, not me. I'm just the messanger boy. :) If anyone else has any questions, just let me know. I'll try my best to help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
*I'm new here so please don't get angry if I ask what MAY seem like stupid questions*

Are you referring to the extra features/packages that you can add on to the SRT-4 to make it even faster? I've only hear a rumor about this from a friend but this sounds like what he was talking about. Do you buy these packages when you first buy the car? Or would it be something you buy later on?

How much more $$$ do you think these packages are gonna cost?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, these package are upgrades to increase HP and Torque which obviously will make it much faster. They will not be options available from the factory. They will be add ons sold by dealers. No idea on cost of any of these kits yet, but as soon as I have an idea, I'll definately post them. Now release date on these kits are also unknown. Some say they'll be available as soon as the SRT-4 is released, some say a few months after. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
P.S. No question is a stupid question. That's how we all learn. If anyone flames you for these questions, they're just immature.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
upgrade

so u telling me when i go to the dealer i will be able to upgrade on the spot? or is this a aftermarket thing?[/u]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These kits will be offered straight from Mopar. Not sure what kind of warranty they will carry. But i do believe they will be treated as an aftermarket upgrade under the factory warranty.Where as they CANNOT void your warranty just because you install a non-factory part. The ONLY way a dealership can void your warranty is if they can prove that whatever performance part you added caused any problem you bring it in for. Any more questions on warranty or anything else, ask away and I'll try answering what I can.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends. If they can prove 100% that the turbo was at fault, then yes they can say factory warranty won't cover it. But if factory warranty won't cover it and it was proved the upgraded turbo caused the fault, most companies will back up their product. Just really a case by case thing.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I'm glad to see a service writer on the board! My father (works for DC) told me that all dealerships will have a "Mopar Speedshop" at every dealer to sell all of these goodies!! Have you (or dealership) heard of this yet? Do you know if the stage kits HAVE to be dealer installed or could they be purchased and installed elsewhere? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, most dealerships will have a speedshop setup. I don't believe it is a requirement for selling the SRT's, but Chrysler sometimes makes some goofy rules. As for who installs the kits when bought is solely up to the customer. For proper warranty to go with the parts, it is suggested to have dealer installed. While it is usually more expensive to get done though a dealer, in the end the extra cost can be worth it. As in if something goes wrong, they can warranty it easier, plus if something goes wrong to due the installation, most dealerships back up their mistakes at no charge. At least my dealership does, not sure about all others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
xither0ckxi
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing