Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not sure if you guys have read my other thread about my clutch slipping in cold weather? Well its been warm lately and decided to test out my baby to see if the clutch would slip. Well to my amazement it did not slip at all.. so im like hrmmm, maybe it will if i raise the boost some more. So i went from 18-16 to 25-19psi and it still did not slip.. the only thing that it did do is snap my neck back :lol:

Im sure you guys are wondering how im holding and getting so much boost? well i put a 7psi spring on my AGP WGA and now i can hold 20psi till 5k :thumbsup: Ive turned the boost down till i tune it again ( should tune itself since i have my Fuel pressure ramp up with boost) just to make sure, also im going to have my W/I injection come on sooner (13psi).

Now im stuck thinking what causes my clutch to slip in cold weather? is it the slave cylinder not retrieving back fast enough in the cold weather? who knows.. only Jesus himself will know :frogtongu ... Danny out...

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw that 7psi spring is and extra spring that attaches on the arm, just clearing some confusion that may arise :lol:

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
That is wierd Danny. I remember you complaining about it slipping in the cold 2 years ago when the car was new and stock.

Maybe bleed the fluid in your clutch.

I'm assuming the resivoir has always had enough fliuid in it.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4sefed said:
That is wierd Danny. I remember you complaining about it slipping in the cold 2 years ago when the car was new and stock.

Maybe bleed the fluid in your clutch.

I'm assuming the resivoir has always had enough fliuid in it.

Ya it did slip 2 years ago when i first bought it. Ive bled it once but not much thou.. and the fluid is right full.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
most friction materials grip better when warm, such as clutch and brakes, so I can see that happening, why it only happens on your setup is strange. But I've never run my car hard when it's cold.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JSRT4 said:
most friction materials grip better when warm, such as clutch and brakes, so I can see that happening, why it only happens on your setup is strange. But I've never run my car hard when it's cold.

Yes strange indeed :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts