Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i received a phone call from my machine shop, they told me my head was checked and cleaned and my block was .20 and flattened with cleaning. I also had them order .20 over pistons from engitech. all in all $485 in damage.

I am going to run engitech pistons with some used eagle rods hopefully, if all goes well. if not in going stock rods . my end goal is 400hp and i think i'll be ok. This is going to be interesting because i can't find anyone that has mixed and match pistons and rods . i guess we'll hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
It should be good. But don't understand what you mean by; "This is going to be interesting because i can't find anyone that has mixed and match pistons and rods . i guess we'll hope for the best. "
People do that all the time. For instance, I have run Wiseco pistons with Saenz and BC rods no problem.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
It should be good. But don't understand what you mean by; "This is going to be interesting because i can't find anyone that has mixed and match pistons and rods . i guess we'll hope for the best. "
People do that all the time. For instance, I have run Wiseco pistons with Saenz and BC rods no problem.
yep... weisco low comp pistons and crower rods here....

people do it all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well I mean I'm not going forged . There just a cheap piston. Nothing special. Your using $600 pistons and probably $600 rods .

My setup is like $250.00 for used eagle rods, and engitech pistons.

I can't afford all that . I am guessing at this point that they will work.

Probably should have made my self clearer . Sure mixing name brands that are forged is not an issue and they'll hold up. But for me it's a trail , since no one can seem to tell me they have done something similar to my particular setup.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Well I mean I'm not going forged . There just a cheap piston. Nothing special. Your using $600 pistons and probably $600 rods .

My setup is like $250.00 for used eagle rods, and engitech pistons.

I can't afford all that . I am guessing at this point that they will work.

Probably should have made my self clearer . Sure mixing name brands that are forged is not an issue and they'll hold up. But for me it's a trail , since no one can seem to tell me they have done something similar to my particular setup.
If the machine shop gets them in there like they are supposed to be, i dont think you'll have any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts