Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in Drivetrain also, but I'm also gonna post here, if that is allowed.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, original transmission with a build date from 06/2004, does have the slight infamous 3rd gear grind. Car has 205K original miles on it. I use a Hurst STS.

The transmission uses Mobil 1 10w40 Motor Oil for the fluid and I have ran it since getting it, as did the original owner who raced it.

I just installed an AGP 1/3/5 Gear Extender into the transmission, this is my second installation, I installed one into my friends SRT-4 for him previously a while back and it worked perfectly fine and still does. Everything shifts perfectly normal when car is off, I have readjusted my crossover bolt too. I did notice it is a little hard to shift too when the car is off.
Gears 1/2/5/R do not go in but they do shift if I push hard enough, Gears 3/4 shift and move. Neutral also stalls the call as if it were in gear, Clutch only has 8K miles on it. When shifted into 1st or 2nd gear and attempting to move, it will grab onto the shifter and wont allow me to move unless I forcefully move it. 2/4/R Shifter is not broken and appears rather healthy

I will be taking the assembly back apart tomorrow as its about to storm here right now, but I am just seeing if I can get a few answers here that may help.

Video:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts