Dodge SRT Forum banner

uneven exhaust, right side sticks out farther then driver

8K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  TrustWRX 
#1 ·
Any of your srt-4 have the exhaust sticking out further on the right side then the left? I didnt notice it when I got the car but now its starting to annoy me. Is that something the dealer should fix?

#3 ·
There is a TSB out for it. The number is 11-001-04. Search that and you should be able to find it. And yes, a lot of us have had the same problem.

#4 ·
Mine does the same thing I thought it was strange too but I guess its normal? but it is kind of ugly. does that aftermarket exhust fix this and if so why couldn,t chrysler design the stock exhaust to fit right?
Later
John :domohit:

#5 ·
Yesterday at work the shop foreman just got the recent TSB papers. He went and checked mine and sure enough they are misaligned. So i got paid 3 tenths to work on my car. Warrenty work is great. The TSB is number 11-001-04 and was released on Febuary 10th. Just gotta loosen the exhaust system at the int. pipe and y-pipe,then push up on it, and tighten it up and rotate the rear tip busing and then tighten the ypipe, took me bout 6 min and got paid 18 to do it.thanks for the search....and the number to search!

#7 ·
I had uneven pipes in the back...Left lower than the right. The dealer fixed it by cutting the left pipe..then welding it back higher...but fuk'n great..now the left is shorter than the right. but there are even now in height..lol

#9 ·
Bend the brackets....

#11 ·
Yeah mine is hanging as well humm crazy.As i was checking it out i notice that in the middle of the tips theres a hole drilled in there is this normal,or is some fkn with my car

#14 ·
yeah but I spent thousands of $$ on a car and a warrantee that I expect should be honored when I need it. If I bought the fuckin car for $500 or so, then I'll bang the fukker out...but for $22,000 I'm not takin a BFH to the tailpipes of my car, when the dealer will do it for free.

just my .02

#16 ·
yeah ur right....i guess it all depends on what the problem is. I mean, my sunroof went off track and instead of taking it to the dealer, I just fixed it myself. I had to take the fukker off and realign it, but it took about 15 minutes...and it saved me

-- a bunch of money on my car insurance -- sorry had to say that...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.