Dodge SRT Forum banner

UK/European Tail Lights

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  nemiro 
#1 ·
I was driving behind a UK spec 03-05 Neon SXT today, and saw that the tail lights, while looking like regular US spec Neon tail lamps, had an amber turn signal, which appeared to be integrated with the white/clear reverse light section. In other words, there was no obvious amber section to the tail lamp, unlike 00-02 2G Euro spec tail lamps. Has anyone else seen these? Do they have rear fog lamps also integrated? I did not see separate rear fog lamps in the bumper like other Euro spec neons I have seen.

If you have seen these, can anyone get me a set? Please let me know. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hmmm, when I first got here I picked up a set of regular 2nd gen Neon tail lights thinking they'd fit but they didn't. I have them at home and I can take a picture. Haven't seen UK spec SXT lights though. Mind taking a picture?

#3 ·
I saw the car just once, and was in too much of a hurry to go over to it. I will try to go and find it again before I leave.

#5 ·
Ahhhhh...OK, I got it now.

#6 ·
Yep.. it's :gay: Least the UK doesn't mandate a reverse light. When I brought my SRT over they took out my reverse lights, put in amber bulbs and made them turn indicators. They then hung a fog light off the rear like lego's picture.

You did well to spot a gen2 Neon. They are not too many lurking about.

#7 ·
I work across the flightline. There's a black one over there.

Also, seen three CSRTs on base. A silver and two black. One black looks like it has some work done to it. See it at OSS. Also see a kinda beat up silver NSRT there. Haven't seen them at the same time, so wondering if they belong to the same person.

I will be back there Wednesday morning. I'm at Aviano right now.

#8 ·
Want to grab lunch tomorrow (Thursday)? I leave to stay down by the airport tomorrow afternoon, and fly back to the States on Friday. Been a long TDY.....

#10 ·
European Neons kept the 00-02 headlamps/tail lamps in the 03-05 models, rather than redesign for the newer style that we got in the states. They are height level adjustable, as Euro spec requires. They will not fit in your SRT-4.

#12 ·
That man knows well!

Plus - they have an extra 5W bulb as standby light. Orange (like the 2-filament-bulbs in american cars) is not allowed here.
2nd plus - american (Neon/SRT) headlights light output is symmetric, headlights in europe are asymmetric.

symmetric:

asymmetric:

Don't know if newer cars in the states also use asymmetric headlights.
They light up the wayside better to see obstacles, people, animals better and earlier.

Problem for the continental europeans: we drive on the right side, UK on the left side. So our light would "lend" to the wrong site in UK and blind upcoming drivers...

#16 ·
Sorry we couldn't meet up, Mario. Will try again when I get back in Feb or March.

#18 ·
Sounds good. Will try to catch up with you then for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.