Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be using quite a bit of oil in mine and when I was changing it I noticed oil running down the intake tube on the TB side and dripping at the bottom? Is this normal for this car or may something be wrong? I am new to the turbo world and have heard some things about oil usage but not too sure! Any help would be great....thanks!

Focker :cow:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yes, catch can (should be considered require equipment)

·
Registered
642 Posts
i dunno if this would help, but open up the top of the intake box and on the top left corner is a small sponge for absorbing oil...maybe it's filled and leaking out the rest so maybe a quick clean might help.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
i wouldnt................. its not that big of a deal, and they cant do anything about it...

About the oil.................. it probably from your PCV system..... you need a catch can, or two...........

I dont see why they dont come stock..........

·
Banned
183 Posts
paintbaler1587 said:
...I would take of the BOP (its a plate, not a valve) and keep it off IMO. noTe's sig is right.
1 - as much as we all know that noTe knows all about cars, and is the official rice police, i wouldnt listen to a word he says. he has issues. period.

2 - last i checked it is a valve, a blow off valve conversion kit to be exact (As sold by vendors, as well as Mopar).

3 - read other threads, because half the people on these forums dont know how to install it, doesnt mean its bad, it means people dont know how to install it.

4 - i would leave the BOV on, i would check the intake as others suggested.

5 - good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
1 - as much as we all know that noTe knows all about cars, and is the official rice police, i wouldnt listen to a word he says. he has issues. period.
Most people don't know about the Mopar BOV, NOT actually being a real BOV. My signature just informs them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The leak is coming from the PCV system. There is a line running from the passenger side of the valve cover over to the throttlebody; the engine sucks oil fumes through that line and a lot of the oil condenses and then drips down into the bottom of that tube by the intercooler outlet. This happens in all cars, especially in turbo cars, which is why catch cans exist. If you put one on that line it will seperate the excess oil and hold it instead of dumping it into your intake manifold.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same problem but..............I already have a catch can and yes I have the can running to the rite lines....Im thinking that maybe thats just oil that was already in their from before I got my catch can put on....If it wasnt already in the intake system and I have the can hooked up the rite way then y is their oil leaking out of the coupler from the upp pipe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.