Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well arlighty i did a search so dont flame if these have been answered before.

First off...i plan of getting the Mopar STS with the bushings....do you have to replace the shift knob when you do this? I know how odd the shift knobs that dodge put on our cars are...mine has popped off once.

Second...i want to look into getting a AGP WGA...now i have heard on random threads that wastegates can be harmfull to your car. Is this true? Im sure it can if you set it to 20 PSI but i would have it on my daily driver...any suggestions. :readclose

Basically i have 200 dollars to spend on my SRT and all i have done is the mopar BOV it is an 04 btw. Any suggestions on spending that money in a good direction would be appreciated :clap:

·
Registered
627 Posts
FE Srt4 said:

First off...i plan of getting the Mopar STS with the bushings....do you have to replace the shift knob when you do this? I know how odd the shift knobs that dodge put on our cars are...mine has popped off once.

Second...i want to look into getting a AGP WGA...now i have heard on random threads that wastegates can be harmfull to your car. Is this true? Im sure it can if you set it to 20 PSI but i would have it on my daily driver...any suggestions. :readclose

Basically i have 200 dollars to spend on my SRT and all i have done is the mopar BOV it is an 04 btw. Any suggestions on spending that money in a good direction would be appreciated :clap:
Get the sts and a new knob from modern or autozone they both will not come off.......

as for the agp wastegate do not get it at this time save a little more and get a stage 1 pcm you can get one used for as low as 250..

Stage 1 is a good building block when you are going to play with the boost.

the best advise is drive the hell out of your car and get to know it once that happens then start tuning. this is free advice and you know how opinions are good luck :thumbsup: see ya

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man i proably will go with the STS btw i was just reading your post on your front mount lol nice man i really like it seems like a good price too.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing....did you cut a hole on the top of your stock airbox??? It looks sweet lol

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
i think you'll be happy with the sts. i had 100-200 to spend and I went with the Mopar STS, booger bushings and Modern Performance shift knob.

stage 1 is definitely worth it. eliminates codes and prevents the pcm from fighting back the air/fuel ratios/timing when you add more mods that reduce backpressure/increase air volume. (exhaust, intake, etc)

·
Registered
627 Posts
FE Srt4 said:
One more thing....did you cut a hole on the top of your stock airbox??? It looks sweet lol
yes this is also a great mod costs less than 30 dollars read about it here
hood mod

good luck see ya!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya i really wanna get stage 1 but money is an issue right now and the gas the srt guzzles is worse then i expected lol. My last car was a 02 Focus Hatchback so im still haven fun with the power she has just stock but im tired of shifting this car like its a damn semi

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone remember how much it was at dodge to install the STS or did everyone install it themselves?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
did my sts install myself. took about 20min. 10figuring out how to get the center console out and, 5 changing the shifter assem and 5 putting it all back together. i kept my stock knob. hasn't came off yet. i think if the knob comes off at all your yanking on the stick way to hard.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
its very easy to install. the booger bushing on the passenger side of the shifter gave me a hell of a time, i neded up removing a bit of the center, but it is really an easy mod.

-LTLVIPR

·
Registered
153 Posts
FE Srt4 said:

hey you live in my area :clap:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol wow we do, I live in Kiln Creek. Always cool to see a fellow srt member :)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No one answered my question though about the Wastegate issue is it harmfull to your car at all?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
no shit, i lived in yorktown too. I lived there about 4 years ago, and went to y-town high freshman year. Moved to williamsburg and went 2 JHS.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
the aftermarket wga...im just gonna wait till i get a electronic boost controller
(Greddy Profec B or E01)
i read that overriding the factory boost control will result in surge, which can destroy turbos very quickly. plus, there's the boost creep and spike issues.
i'd read up on it some more before you go out and buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts