Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I do not have a definate answer but I talked to the guys at Modern performance and they said the standard XS is not intended for high boost (over 15psi). They recomended I use the XS HP for the SRT-4.

I did not purchase either so I dont know for sure

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
The HP lets you tune and adjust the boost more fine because it has two different adjustment knobs.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NorCalSRT said:
I do not have a definate answer but I talked to the guys at Modern performance and they said the standard XS is not intended for high boost (over 15psi). They recomended I use the XS HP for the SRT-4.

I did not purchase either so I dont know for sure

sounds like this one cost more so it must work better

sure would like some facts other then the 2 adjustments i dont see how one can hold more or less then the other

I know steven, and mario both have the HP one and i am just wondering why they got that one over the std one

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The HPBC has two (2) boost control mechanisms built into it, ball and spring mechanism for large and coarse boost pressure increases and the other is a bleed valve system for precise boost pressure setting. The ball and spring mechanism keeps pressure out of the wastegate until the preset boost level is reached, significantly reducing wastegate creep and providing quicker turbo spool up.

http://www.turboxs.com/

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i had a standard on my wrx at 16psi of boost than i ran it on my srt4 at 18psi then sold it for a good deal and put it towards the hp one with the dual adjustment. i didn't notice a thing differnt. just instead of having just one knob to adjust and burn yourself on when your road tuning you have 2 to adjust. i'd just buy the normal version. or for even less cash and a better product i also tryed a turbosmart mbc. just there standard mbc was like 70bucks brand new and has a clicking dial that lets you tune it in. no guessing with a tuning key like on the turboxs models. i had that on my srt4 and sold it as well and am currently running the hp turboxs model but i have a turbosmart ebc on the shelf waiting to go on.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm using the standard one. I spike to 20. The thing works great. I doubt they're any difference in performance. Just a little easier, maybe, to fine tune (although I had no problem tuning the standard).

·
Registered
647 Posts
Due to the size of the stock motor (big 2.4) and turbo (small), the HP is not necessary as it will make the boost come on faster due to his ball mechanism (quicker turbo spool) witch will translate in some boost spike and compressor surge. I would stick to the standard if I were you.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vector said:
So i am looking at getting a MBC, one is a turboXS HP, and one is a standard turboXS

do they both do the same thing? i see the HP ones has a fine tune but does it function any better then a standard one.

thanks for any info

Vector
Spend a little more and get the Dual Stage or better yet a ebc? DSBC will allow you to run a low setting for daily driving - to eliminate the part throttle issues/studders ( if you have an aftermarket wga and not using stock setup )?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts