Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
man i really hate you. you get awesome toys, and get to play around with them all day long.

p.s. need any help?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Now are those SAE corrected wheel HP dynos? Just a LITTLE bit more and you'll hit the 300 torque easy. :) Gotta love the 2.4's torque :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lifeisdeath said:
p.s. need any help?
Well, I am looking for a few more SRT-4s to put on the dyno. That would help ;)

By the way, I think I scared a local WRX owner today. He gave me “the look” while we were rolling next to each other, so I dropped it in 2nd, hit the gas and roasted the tires. I then stopped and waited for him at a red light. He must have decided he didn’t want any, because he ran the light and nearly caused an accident. ;)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
nmyeti said:

More on this later when we launch our SRT-4 page.

Can u make it a bit bigger so I can see the lines?
Any mods besides boost controller?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
nmyeti said:
Well, I am looking for a few more SRT-4s to put on the dyno. That would help ;)
dammit, if only i had my car now!!! :evil: oh well, i might have it by the time stage V rolls around for the srt-4. then you can do all of the testing for that on mine. :lol:

By the way, I think I scared a local WRX owner today. He gave me “the look” while we were rolling next to each other, so I dropped it in 2nd, hit the gas and roasted the tires. I then stopped and waited for him at a red light. He must have decided he didn’t want any, because he ran the light and nearly caused an accident. ;)
thats funny. man, i need to come up and go for a ride in that thing. ill buy you lunch. :wink:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nighcore said:
Now are those SAE corrected wheel HP dynos? Just a LITTLE bit more and you'll hit the 300 torque easy. :) Gotta love the 2.4's torque :)
It says HP standard on the plot. SAE correction I think was either adding 1hp or taking 1hp away that day. I can post those later I suppose, but for all practical purposes when comparing the same car done 1 day apart I am usually more interested in seeing what they actually put to the wheels not what the correction factor adds to that value (which is usually the case).

I did run the weather station during the dyno run, so I’ve got the SAE plots saved on the dyno computer.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
wait a minute!!!!!! thats JUST a boost controller?? oh my god i love you guys. that doesnt make me gay does it?

seriously though, good fucking job. god, i REALLY cant wait to get the car now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nighcore said:
What boost were you running on those runs? 16PSI?

The green dot on the plot is 16.6psi (see the boxes at the bottom of the plot). Note how much faster than stock the car spools even though its clear from the plot that I got into the gas just a hair later on the high boost plot.

All of these gains were made with this boost controller on 93/94-octane. I doubt you guys in CA or other areas that only have 91-octane could get away with this but for us it seem to work quite well.

Not a bad way to spend $129, although the hard-core among you are going to insist the same gains can be made with a fish-tank valve. In truth, your right, but this valve was designed as a boost controller, not to work in an aquarium. Believe it or not there is a difference.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry Nathan. I went the lazy man's route and got an EBC. We got 94 Octane here, so I can't wait for the car and get some dyno runs. I'm hoping I can get my SBC-iD to stick level at a mid to high 16.X PSI and not spike or cause the CEL to come on. Guess I'll find out when I can experiment with it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
tell that to the guy on here with the $1, and not even regulated at 17PSI.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts