Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I installed a TurboXP High Performance Manual Boost controller. It was isntalled per the instructions included today...well as best as I could seeing as I was sent the instructions for the dual stage boost controller which is not what I was installing. But it was simple enough to translate that to single stage...basically ignore the switch for the 2nd stage and change "silver nipple" to "gold nipple"..the other remained blue.

Anyway..I have it on...it's spiking like crazy...it goes from 23 spike to holding 14 or 15....I have stage 2...and I previously had tested for boost leaks and fixed them all. I had no real problems to speak of before this install and the new hoses are all zip tied on...

The instructions and kit basically had me take the line off my WGA..plug that line into one end of the MBC and take a new 6 inch section of hose and run that from the other nipple to the WGA. Very simple.

Here is my first question....should I leave it like that or do this stage 1 diagram PSI-FI put up (remember I am stage 2):

Now to adjust the boost I have a hex key...

One end of the MBC is labeled it says "Boost" with a + and - on it and so it basically says turn one way to increase boost and the other way to decrease it...I tried that and it works.

Now there is another hex key area on it....I tried it and turned it very slightly (maybe 1/20th of a turn)....and then turned it back. I assume this is the bleed? Should it be adjusted? Will that help prevent my spiking?

I'd appreciate any help I can get...I previously had spring mod and bleed mods on here...I'm trying to get everything working correctly with real equipment now. I want to spike 20 and fall to 18 (remember stage 2 has fuel)....spiking burying the needle and then falling to 14 is no good.

Once I get this done time to look to see if my lower motor mount is messed up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what I am describing...

That's the only hose section I added.

As you can see there is 4 items jutting off it....2 nipples...a blue area (where you adjust boost, you can see the label)....and the gold area...the gold area is the item you can adjust but I'm not quite sure what it is.

The 2 phillips screws I assume are just to attach it to the mounting plate shown in the picture. I didn't use the mounting plate...I put the stock hose over by the battery and then routed the new hose section back to the WGA....

·
Registered
802 Posts
the hex key goes into the top and thats how you adjust the boost. that gold thing on the end is a fine tuning element so u can tune out spikes and just get it perfect.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
You are a complete TOOL! :computern

Take the Cincinnati off your signature and put back on the Kentucky location where you live. No one in Cincinnati with a SRT is that ucking- fay oopid stay. When your done blowing up your car let me know so I can get some spare parts. :readclose

There are only 8 million posts on how to hook up a hpmbc to include the TurboXS site.!

·
Registered
90 Posts
mario03srt said:
You are a complete TOOL! :computern

Take the Cincinnati off your signature and put back on the Kentucky location where you live. No one in Cincinnati with a SRT is that ucking- fay oopid stay. When your done blowing up your car let me know so I can get some spare parts. :readclose

There are only 8 million posts on how to hook up a hpmbc to include the TurboXS site.!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I sure hope that was a joke Marion. (P.S. If it was, you need to work on your execution a bit).

I already said I have it installed as per the instructions. I'm wondering if these other instructions I found were any better....your reply is not helpful at all.

I looked for other instructions on here....just like you said. Hence why you see the diagram above in my original post asking if that is the better way to do this for a stage 2 car....because that diagram is for a stage 1 car, the diagram that came with my MBC is for a stage 0 car and requires a dual stage MBC.

There is no harm in asking if you see conflicting data is there? I thought that's what smart people do to avoid blowing thier engine up....

Here is another question for anyone who wants to seriously answer a question.....if I think my stage 2 WGA is faulty and not holding boost properly...but I have an MBC....do you think it would be better to put the stock WGA back on?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is the one on the Turbo XS site....which did NOT come with my MBC....the thing I received was nothing like this.

Thing is even looking at that diagram since I am new to this type of thing... I have a hard time telling what is what when I look under the hood...I mean I know what some of those items are....

But is it safe to say that everything else in the diagram that isn't at the top with an line going down is STOCK?

And they are essentially saying T into the blue line...cap the old black line.

Some people say to use the green line.

Thing is...now I'm hearing 3 ways to do it....Black line, green line, blue line....and all of them are for stage 0 or stage 1 cars....and I'm a stage 2 car and I remember reading a stage 2 owner saying something about having boost problems so he took his aftermarket WGA or MBC off.

So what I'm looking for is some input from a knowledgable stage 2 owner holding about 18 PSI with minimal spike with an MBC.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hey man I have been trying to get help with my cels on this for about a week now so I really don't know you will get mush help why don't we try and fix this tonight.. I was thinking of going to edgewate you down pilsburry?? hey you have pm

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work tonight at my 2nd job 5-midnight. After that O'm drinking some beers with an old friend from Chicago who just got in town for the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm hanging with my friend in the morning than I work 4-11pm again.

In other words....since I work 70+ hours a week now, I rarely find time to go to the track anymore.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We tried the green line yesterday....Spanky thought getting the source directly from the turbo would be better, and I'd heard of people using the green line before and it seems 50/50 on people using green vs blue on these forums.

It was a little better but still kinda spiky...

Boost seems to come in a bit earlier now....and kinda fluttery...like I'll have my pedal half pressed in and it will run normal and then wrrrr...on comes the turbo to max...20
falling to 15.

When I get some more time I'll try the blue line, I hear that might be smoother. Probably adjust my WGA a little too, now that the computer is out of the loop....more pre-load might help it not spike so much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts