Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s finally here boys. It is the 2.0 Nine blade turbine and big neck manifold combo. Long wait but from what I’ve heard about this company they definitely built a great rep for themselves. As you can see I kept the big neck manifold internally gated, as I live in CA and it’s easier to pass emissions as it looks like stock (don’t like illegal smog anyway). People are probably going to ask me “why didn’t I go big turbo?” Well simple because I’m not a hardcore drag racer and besides my car has never been to a dyno or a track in the 9 years I’ve owned it so I just want something that’s perfect for the street when I want to step on it sometimes. This combo, bolts on’s, and e85 should be a lot of fun! Can’t wait and will let you guys know how it goes after the break in process. Big thanks to Matt at TurboBay for hooking me up and providing excellent customer service!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow congrats man, looks like a perfect setup for your goals and situation! Very clean car as well, looks amazing. What wheel setup are you running?

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow congrats man, looks like a perfect setup for your goals and situation! Very clean car as well, looks amazing. What wheel setup are you running?
Thanks man. These are 17x8 +40 with 215/45. But I’m going to upgrade to a 235/40 tire.

·
Premium Member
4,771 Posts
good luck with the setup. I'm not sure what kind of power those setups can make, but if it can get you in the 350+ range, it should be pretty fun!

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck with the setup. I'm not sure what kind of power those setups can make, but if it can get you in the 350+ range, it should be pretty fun!
Thank you yea that’s what I’m aiming for. I know for sure it will it’s been proven many times with that turbo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You’ll have plenty of fun when you want it with those power numbers 👍🏻. Let us know how it goes when done.

What wheel brand are those? And do you need spacers to run them? Loving that setup.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

Installation went pretty smooth. Here’s what I’ve replaced during the process:

Turbo
Manifold
Manifold gasket
Oil feed line
Oil drain tube
Gaskets/copper crush washers
Oil pressure switch sensor
Upstream o2 sensor
New 3” o2 housing
New 3” downpipe

Car runs flawlessly! Did an 80 mile cruise today like a grandma. No boosting as I am breaking it in for 200 miles. A lot smoother at idle and AFR’s at idle are steadier then before. I did have a small exhaust leak at the manifold due to a small crack at the bottom by the o2 outlet (very common) and my stock turbo oil seal was no good, which explained why I had a little blue smoke going from 1st to 2nd every time, nothing else. Everything back there was since 2004 and I’m surprised it lasted this long! Also as for the oil feed, I bought the AGP upgraded line and it is way better than OEM, no bends just flexible -4an Teflon steel line makes better flow. Couldn’t be any happier! Once the break in process is done I will update on how the tune/boost/power is!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice man! Love your engine bay, especially with that new turbo. Very clean! Looking forward to hearing how it performs.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I am currently doing the break in process but so far so good! I can tell it’s got a lot more power just by driving it easy.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, so far so good. The turbo spools very loud compared to the stocker. With being on 91oct, the cars power feels like I’m running E85 on the stock turbo, I can only imagine how it is on E85 with this new one. Again, TurboBay is the best upgrade when trying to keep it “stockish”. Very happy with the results.

·
Registered
14,874 Posts
I would love to see a dyno chart on E85. Curious to see if what the torque curve looks like.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would love to see a dyno chart on E85. Curious to see if what the torque curve looks like.
Yes I do plan a dyno run with ethanol shortly after emission testing next month, then dial things in.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I would love to install my Stg4 BWS but he did such a 💩 job on my manifold no way my WG flapper will seal properly. Now have to find someone to fix it.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would love to install my Stg4 BWS but he did such a 💩 job on my manifold no way my WG flapper will seal properly. Now have to find someone to fix it.
A TurboBay manifold? Was it internal or external?

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Internal. This is straight garbage. Have no idea how I'm suppose to hold boost with the flapper like this
Wow. Did it come in the package like that? When mine came in everything looked like clean work, and the welds are perfect dimes. My boost holds to 18-19 by redline.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Wow. Did it come in the package like that? When mine came in everything looked like clean work, and the welds are perfect dimes. My boost holds to 18-19 by redline.
Yep that is fresh off the press from Turbobay. The turbo is flawless but this manifold is trash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts