Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install a turbo timer?
The SRT-4 has the Sentry Key Theft Deterant System that doesn't let the car start without the key in the ignition. If I get one I would want to install a Timer because I am always in a hurry and if you don't let a turbocharged car cool down after you run it might overheat or clog the turbo....

BTW, My PT Cruiser has the same system and I can't get a Remote Starter installed without having a different Ignition put in.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Just do a search for Turbo Timer, a few people have already added them and they seem to be working great. There should be a few threads floating around on the subject. :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
roger that Camel actually i'll ask my bud with Magnum ACR see what he got

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I installed a TT in my SRT w/o any problems. The sentry key system is for when you start the car and it doesn't interfere with the TT cause the TT computer just keeps your car on for a specified time or auto time.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
drizze99 said:
I installed a TT in my SRT w/o any problems. The sentry key system is for when you start the car and it doesn't interfere with the TT cause the TT computer just keeps your car on for a specified time or auto time.
Correct and to add to that, YOU can do a remote start, but I would guess that a sentry key by pass box has not been created for this car yet. I would have known for usre if I was installing a remote start on my car, but I'm not so dunno for sure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
go to exhaustdepot.com u can get one there from hector and he will give complete detailed instructions. the greddy one

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you would want an easier, usually cheaper way to disable the sentry key is to get a spare key programmed and remove the chip inside the key or just use the new key and glue it or attach it inside the steering column srhoud close enough to the ignition switch. And, yes, aftermarket does offer sentry key by-pass boxes. Not vehicle specific, so anyone who makes them should have one that works.
I'll be getting a compustar 2WSS alarm/remote starter and it'll have a by-pass box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
nighcore
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing