Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up. I was searching the forum and found info on remote starters and Turbo Timers but I was looking for both in the same thread. I currently have a remote starter (The Astro-start from the dealer) and I was looking into getting the GReddy TT.

I wanted to ask if anyone encountered any problems associated with having a remote starter and a TT or is it not a big deal?

Cause right now when I want to set my car up for remote start, before I go to shut it off...
-I have to put it in neutral
-step on the brake
-pull the hand brake up twice
-then pull the key out (engine stays on)
-once I get out and lock the doors the engine shuts off.
-and when I come back to my car and want to remote start, I just hit the start button on the remote and it starts up.

So I was wondering if I went and installed the GReddy TT, would I encounter any problems and would the turbo timer and the remote start both function correctly, since I have to go through that process to set it up for a remote start, and the turbo timer would kick in while I'm doing that.

Like as I'm setting it up for a remote start and when I'm done, and I lock the car, would the turbo timer keep my car running and then shut off, and when I go to remote start it, would it start?

Please give me any input you might have. Thanks.

Simon

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Spaceman said:
Hey what's up. I was searching the forum and found info on remote starters and Turbo Timers but I was looking for both in the same thread. I currently have a remote starter (The Astro-start from the dealer) and I was looking into getting the GReddy TT.

I wanted to ask if anyone encountered any problems associated with having a remote starter and a TT or is it not a big deal?

Cause right now when I want to set my car up for remote start, before I go to shut it off...
-I have to put it in neutral
-step on the brake
-pull the hand brake up twice
-then pull the key out (engine stays on)
-once I get out and lock the doors the engine shuts off.
-and when I come back to my car and want to remote start, I just hit the start button on the remote and it starts up.

So I was wondering if I went and installed the GReddy TT, would I encounter any problems and would the turbo timer and the remote start both function correctly, since I have to go through that process to set it up for a remote start, and the turbo timer would kick in while I'm doing that.

Like as I'm setting it up for a remote start and when I'm done, and I lock the car, would the turbo timer keep my car running and then shut off, and when I go to remote start it, would it start?

Please give me any input you might have. Thanks.

Simon

Sounds like you already have a part time turbo timer! If you put the turbo timer after the dealer RS you may be ok...when you go to lock the doors and deactivate the original RS, the turbo timer should still keep the car running if set longer because its after the original piece.

Sounds like alot of work for the remote start...

Then again, not sure if the orignal piece would backfeed somehow into the turbo timer...once the key is removed the turbo timer kicks on...

If I were you, Id just get a remote start system with a built in turbo timer...would be cheaper and less work.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IEATVTEC said:
Sounds like you already have a part time turbo timer! If you put the turbo timer after the dealer RS you may be ok...when you go to lock the doors and deactivate the original RS, the turbo timer should still keep the car running if set longer because its after the original piece.

Sounds like alot of work for the remote start...

Then again, not sure if the orignal piece would backfeed somehow into the turbo timer...once the key is removed the turbo timer kicks on...

If I were you, Id just get a remote start system with a built in turbo timer...would be cheaper and less work.
Yeah, I should have gotten the remote starter with a turbo timer, but when I was buying my car the dealer threw in the remote starter so I had to get it and at the time I wasn't thinking of a TT.

It seems like a lot of steps for the remote start, but it's not that bad and its just a saftey sequence to really really make sure you don't leave the car in gear. And it's all worth it when you don't have to run outside to warm your car up on those cold days.

If anyone else has any input, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I'm sorry this post is no help to your question (I don't know), but can I possibly get the information where/$$ you bought the remote start from? I'm interested in getting one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VegasSRT-4 said:
I'm sorry this post is no help to your question (I don't know), but can I possibly get the information where/$$ you bought the remote start from? I'm interested in getting one.
I got mine from the dealer it came with the car when I bought it. It goes for $500 with installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.