Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
The moment we've all been waiting for....

Without further delay! Here's Gabe's (XLR8's) custom 20G turbo, the first of it's kind we know of which is sporting a custom Lovefab "shorty" manifold. I'll post the pics & let gabe do the explaning

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Some of the install. Check out the quality of this manifold!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Gabe's neighbor's probably thought he opened an SRT-4 SpeedShop out of his garage? :lol: We had a full house with some other projects going on too! All in all it was good fun & damn hot :flame:

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
-ND4SPD- said:
Gabe's neighbor's probably thought he opened an SRT-4 SpeedShop out of his garage? :lol: We had a full house with some other projects going on too! All in all it was good fun & damn hot :flame:
Yeah, he came over to see what was going on after everyone took off!

Thanks for the help John :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Man, thats just..................nice damn nice!

I have a q, what determines where u place the "breaks" in the manifold ( for heat expansion I assume?)

·
Registered
92 Posts
So when you are done making all of this, how much are you going to sell it for?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
I will not have any "kits" until our cast manifold is ready. I made just the manifold for XLR8, he made the rest for himself. The kits will utilize strictly Precision Turbos, TiAl components(wg, bov).

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
cali said:
Man, thats just..................nice damn nice!

I have a q, what determines where u place the "breaks" in the manifold ( for heat expansion I assume?)
Yes, mild steel does not expand as much as Stainless, so you must slot them after welding so the manifold wont bow out at the ends and snap all the head bolts off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Trickd0utSRT4 said:
So when you are done making all of this, how much are you going to sell it for?
the kit is custom built by your's truly, it's the only one in existence. I wasn't planning to build them for sale.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I want to see more vendor wars on turbo upgrades. The more options we have the more competitive everything gets. I personally would like to see this go into mass production. Heck, you might make alot money in the process!!! Imagine that.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Nope, I usually dont wholesale my WELDED products anyway. Once the Cast Tubular manifold comes out, it will be VERY competitively priced, and will show the highest gains of any kit out there. Yes, big words, but I plan to back them up!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tinker219 said:
Once the Cast Tubular manifold comes out, it will be VERY competitively priced, and will show the highest gains of any kit out there. Yes, big words, but I plan to back them up!
So when is the expected release date? 1-2 months? or 4+ months? I found a great deal locally on 60-1 turbo's and I want to use your cast manifold with it. But if it's going to be like 4 month's or more before it's ready I'll probably just get some weld-els and fab up a manifold since I don't think I can wait that long. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Im working on a semi-tubular welded unit right now that I want to hit the $500 range if possible. It will be 2 months minimum, $ is tight right now with a new welder, along with pouring $ into the manifold. Once I get the semi-tubular manifold up, I will definately post pictures.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts