Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
cody, you should do some welded ones for the guys that want to upgrade now. after riding in your car, i think everyone should put larger turbo on asap. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
figured a few of you would. i know cody is really busy with the crazy manifolds, so my bet is he might do a few for the srt4 but most likly will have to wait for the cast version. if cody will ever give me some artwork i will have shirts made up too.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
The only thing Id be willing to make right now are the Shorties. I just have a shorty on my car, spools the t4/60-1(it IS a .59 exhaust housing, my bad) by 3500 rpm. Uses optimum wastegate placement(right below the turbo flange, not across the manifold where it only bleeds one runner).
$300+shipping, I need 3-4 weeks to make them right now. All Payments up front(go on Honda-tech.com for references if youre scared). Thats that!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Make a manifold that supports a super 20g ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Dont worry about gettin ripped off by Tinker. I've only heard good things about him from the time I started on honda-tech til now. Anyway hopefully I'll have my taxes back by the time the cast manifold is ready. Oh yea Tinker, where will the turbo sit with the cast manifolds?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
The turbo will sit about the same as the stock compressor side of the turbo. You could use the stock oil/feed lines if you got a 1/4" to 1/8" NPT adapter. Just thread the adapter into the turbo, and the banjo bolt into the adapter.
Im hoping the manifolds will be ready by mid April, but by the looks of things, probably not.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Ok, turbo positioning is finalized. T3 4 and 5 bolt versions, along with Any T4 turbo can be used with this manifold. It will not be equal length, but there will be a VERY pronounced 4-1 collector with the wastegate bleeding directly from the collector(for optimum boost holding).
heres a picture of the adapter that will be included. All you have to do is tweak the stock oil feed line a little bit, and cut the flange off the stock oil return line.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
awesome dude. All that's needed for this to work is to modify the stock oil feed line? And would be have to have a custom downpipe made to fit up to the exhaust? I want one....bad lol. Awesome work

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
What about the 02 section? Will it be tubular or cast? Will it bolt up to the stock location? Estimated price on it? Thanks!

Any time frame on the cast manifolds?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see the final result.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
We are shooting for $400 retail on the manifold, $300 for the downpipe. It will be turbo to exhaust, one piece, and probably will be cast. The manifold will be first priority, I iwll probably have to make the first few downpipes myself, but eventually they will be 3" cast.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Any word on these bad boys yet? Do you have any pictures/ diagrams of what they'll look like...you know, to keep us drooling till then :frogtongu

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
bump, any updates?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
368 Posts
Hey, someone posted! ;)
Well, we are finishing up the CAD designs of the Cast tubular, then we cut a prototype out of wood to mock in the car(to make sure it fits before we spend $10k on machining, $5k in mold materials). I will get a picture of the collector area so you guys can see what we have in-store, but we are patenting this piece, so no full details until its released. Hopefully mid-summer.
I am making the Shorty though for those who are interested!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Tommorow my car goes under the knife.

And yes, I am useing a LoveFab shorty. I'll keep everyone posted.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts