Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know to fit an aftermarket turbo, you need an aftermarket turbo manifold. My question is, do you need some sort of a custom, I'm assuming downpipe or something, for the exhaust end of the turbo to meet up with the rest of the exhaust?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nope No special down pipe needed. any turbo kit For the srt4 should be able to mate right up to The stock exhaust. though keep in mind the stock exahsut is a restriction and a nice new exhaust will net you a lot more horsepower. Like a full 3inch exahsut. A new downpipe and cat back is what u will want. My exhaust goes turbo manifold> 3” o2 houseing> Cat less 3” downpipe> mopar cat back with vibrant ultra quiet resinator

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope No special down pipe needed. any turbo kit should For the srt4 should be able to mate right up to The stock exhaust. though keep in mind the stock exahsut is a restriction and a nice new exhaust will net you a lot more horsepower. Like a full 3inch exahsut. A new downpipe and cat back is what u will want.
Oh sweet! I'm happy to know that it's pretty simple. I did some looking and finally spotted the 4 bolts on the back of the turbos that allow them to bolt up to the downpipe. Thanks for the suggestions too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts