Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my srt just turned 50,000 miles. only mods are a kinetic wastegate set to 17spike.. and injen sri,mopar bov. anyway's Im getting a rattling sound from the turbo when I let off the throttle. I can esp. hear it with the hood up in neutral. rev it up at the tb. and when the throttle decreases Im getting a rattling from the turbo. even used my stethascope to pinpoint it. the car spools up fine, pulls strong, and 3rd. and fourth spikes up around 16-17 and drops to around 14-15lbs. could my turbo be going out? anything to worry about?

if so I'll have to put on the stock wga. and cash in on my bumper to bumper ext. warranty....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
907 Posts
93transam/04srt4 said:
Well my srt just turned 50,000 miles. only mods are a kinetic wastegate set to 17spike.. and injen sri,mopar bov. anyway's Im getting a rattling sound from the turbo when I let off the throttle. I can esp. hear it with the hood up in neutral. rev it up at the tb. and when the throttle decreases Im getting a rattling from the turbo. even used my stethascope to pinpoint it. the car spools up fine, pulls strong, and 3rd. and fourth spikes up around 16-17 and drops to around 14-15lbs. could my turbo be going out? anything to worry about?

if so I'll have to put on the stock wga. and cash in on my bumper to bumper ext. warranty....:thumbsup:
pull you intake off and see if you have play in the turbo wheel if you do time to get a new turbo. if its loose let me know i just pulled a brand new stocker off my car that the dealership replaced under warranty less then 2k miles on it. i may be looking to sell it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check it out tomorrow,,,thanks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
timsimons said:
What did you find out about this? Was it your turbo?

No sorry I didn't get back sooner. it wasn't the turbo, it was the heat shield on the turbo rattling... straightened it right out...:hi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts