Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in email contact with [email protected] a few times now, and i'm ready to order my kit. I want to be sure on a few things, though, before I order it.

Ben recommended to me (I currently have stage 1 ecu, injectors,etc.) the 50 trim...stage 3 wheel...and .63 A/R turbine housing... along with the complete fuel sysytem upgrade including the SAFll, and 750cc injectors.

Here's my question.. the 50 trim is going to leave me with plenty of top-end, still, correct? And if not, should I get a different trim, etc, set-up? I want quickness off-the-line, but I love the top-end on my car (156 and still room :thumbsup: )

Lastly, I beleive Ben told me I should also get the Greddy E01 set-up from Hector.

Thanks for any info one of you guys can give me befroe I order....

Oh, yeah, when I go to the order page, I am only given one "bling" option.. so if I want 2 or 3, do I need to call first?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If you look at my et slip, you will notice the 1/8 time is so-so.....

yet look at where the trap speed is........

I will assure you, with proper fuel delievery and in the upper boost ranges, the 50trim makes plenty of top end power.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
Top end is awesome.

What do you mean you want 2-3 bling? You got 4 options under bling. Polished compressor housing, polished heat shield, both of those polished, or the full bling package with all polished SS parts and ceramic coating.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top end is awesome.

What do you mean you want 2-3 bling? You got 4 options under bling. Polished compressor housing, polished heat shield, both of those polished, or the full bling package with all polished SS parts and ceramic coating.
Uhh... yeah.. i'm pretty ignorant. After I read the options fully, I noticed it was easy to understand, actually. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LucyBop said:
If you look at my et slip, you will notice the 1/8 time is so-so.....

yet look at where the trap speed is........

I will assure you, with proper fuel delievery and in the upper boost ranges, the 50trim makes plenty of top end power.

ok.. great! Thanks, Lucy!

I just dont want to spend all the $$ and then wish I had known some other issue(s) about speed, etc., AFTER it gets installed, know what i mean?

Mike

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
With an upgraded turbo, and the low redline of the srt4, and the intake manifold/cam design, the car will pull HARD to redline.
Like the fine lady says, its like a freight train. Once boost hits, hold on and pucker your ass, cause your in for a ride.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
congrats lucy, i'm running almost the same setup as you, and trapping about the same in the 1/8th as well. i'm stuck at about 100 less HP than you but i'm working on it!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
srtboy said:
congrats lucy, i'm running almost the same setup as you, and trapping about the same in the 1/8th as well. i'm stuck at about 100 less HP than you but i'm working on it!
your also at sea level...

i wish we could make seome runs at or near seal level....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to run the Greddy EO1 and the SAFll kit, along with the fuel kit and the 750 injectors ....

Do I need the EO1? Or just the SAFll ? Or should I just get both?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mihimahi said:
I want to run the Greddy EO1 and the SAFll kit, along with the fuel kit and the 750 injectors ....

Do I need the EO1? Or just the SAFll ? Or should I just get both?

Also.. do I need to get upgraded charge pipes(right now I have only the ATP PP w/HKS BOV), or can I go back to my stock downpipe?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
e01 is a boost controller. AFC is a fuel computer. Two different things.

ATP PP will work great. What does that have to do with the stock downpipe? You will want a nice 3" downpipe.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
e01 is a boost controller. AFC is a fuel computer. Two different things.

ATP PP will work great. What does that have to do with the stock downpipe? You will want a nice 3" downpipe.

Here's what I was asking, Nick: I know I have to remove the ATP PP w/HKS BOV cuz I aint gonna be using the bov, right? .. so I was wondering if going back to the stock pressure pipe was ok, or do I need to upgrade to the Exhaust Depot pressure pipe?

(When I said downpipe, I meant the pressure pipe... my bad) I know to get the full power from the exhaust, I will need to get the 3" downpipe... I was not using the correct terminology.. sorry.

And about the EO1 and the SAFCll... will both be needed for me to get the most of the power gains? or will I just need a EO1.. or will I just need the SAFCll.. or will getting BOTH be the best?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
Why wouldn't you use the ATP pipe and HKS? You need a BOV and if you already have that one, looks like your set.

For good power you'll need some sort of fuel control, like an AFC. That is more important than an e01. e01 is a very nice boost controller, but a $71 manual will control boost just as well, without the fancy screen and in cockpit control. Both would be best, but both aren't needed. If you don't have an exhaust, or FMIC, or motor mounts, or stuff like that, then the $500+ for an e01 can be spent better elsewhere. If you already have all the good stuff, complete fuel system, and have $500+ laying around, go ahead and get the e01 if you want one.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why wouldn't you use the ATP pipe and HKS? You need a BOV and if you already have that one, looks like your set.

For good power you'll need some sort of fuel control, like an AFC. That is more important than an e01. e01 is a very nice boost controller, but a $71 manual will control boost just as well, without the fancy screen and in cockpit control. Both would be best, but both aren't needed. If you don't have an exhaust, or FMIC, or motor mounts, or stuff like that, then the $500+ for an e01 can be spent better elsewhere. If you already have all the good stuff, complete fuel system, and have $500+ laying around, go ahead and get the e01 if you want one.

For some reason I was under the impression that the BOV would not work... so, that's a good thing, for me.

And I was also under the impression that the EO1 was just about the greatest thing since apple pie... so the less I have to spend on other mods, the better. This is why I am asking questions. I want to hear it from you guys at AGP. Thanks.

So, I'll get the SAFCll, and the complete fuel kit also. Already have all 3 DYNOWORKS motor/tranny mounts installed.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK.. last question.... well... maybe not the LAST question.. but.. if I order the Turbo kit with the 50 trim, stage 3 turbine wheel, and .63 A/R housing, and the housing and heat shield polished.. and the complete fuel system.. how much wait time am I looking at?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
You would have to talk to Ben/Kevin to get a better estimate , but in recent threads I've seen Ben has said the wait time is currently about 2 weeks for a t3/t4 srt4 kit.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You would have to talk to Ben/Kevin to get a better estimate , but in recent threads I've seen Ben has said the wait time is currently about 2 weeks for a t3/t4 srt4 kit.

Ok.. thats about what I've heard.

I was wondering if the "bling" option was going to hold it up any longer than that.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
The full bling option will probably add a few days because of the coatings, but the polishing doesn't take all that long. It can normally be done within the two weeks of building the kit.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If you are going to do the E-01 setup, get the e-manage as well...It is just a tad higher than an SAFC and those two together work like magic. If you aren't going for the E-01/e-Manage combo, just get the SAFC and a profec B. You will be set and making stupid power!

Kris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts