Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 03 srt4 with a 05 motor and trans, blue top injectors, 255 fuel pump, agp wastegate, 3in exhaust no cat but still using the stock size o2 housing

but my afr when idling is at 22 but when i start driving it she drops to 8ish someone told me to get it tuned this is my first srt so if someone could help me and get me on the right path that would be awesome

·
Registered
172 Posts
First are you sure the wideband calibrated correctly?
Second if you are not throwing black smoke @ wot means your readings are not accurate, because 8s are way too rich, so probably your sensor is done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First are you sure the wideband calibrated correctly?
Second if you are not throwing black smoke @ wot means your readings are not accurate, because 8s are way too rich, so probably your sensor is done.
So then i need to start with replacing the wideband then and go from there

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
No.

You need to properly identify the problem before you throw parts at it. Loads of black carbon coming from the tailpipe is a clear indication that it is pig rich (AFR in the 8s). It also has a bad smell that nearly burns your eyes. Your WB may be just fine and your tune is junk, or you have other problems.

What wideband do you have? AEM has a carb cleaner in a rag trick to test the sensor, and Innovate has a calibration method for their units.

I'd tread lightly and get your car checked out by somebody (preferably a competent tuner) if you are not comfortable with the basics. These engines (like all others) will grenade with a crap tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts