Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so long story short. In Denver CO, I had my 05 srt4 engine swapped out due to other blowing up. Last motor had 1000cc injectors, intake. 57t turbo. Exhaust. Bov, fuel lines for E85, and upgraded fuel pump, maybe more. Well shop got a stock short block with about 34k miles. Shipped back to salt lake. Paid a buddy to get motor running. Now won't past 3k or 4500rpm. Not sure haven't drove in a while. But when just revving it will redline. But while driving it cuts out. Is this a tuning issue ? Last tune was for the built motor. But there was a stock tune on my diablo but that still won't let the car go past 4500rpm. Still acts the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost should add that everything from last motor is now in this motor. Like injectors and all.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
When this happens, does it sound like a misfire, or is it more of like a rev limiter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When this happens, does it sound like a misfire, or is it more of like a rev limiter?
Definitely more of a rev limiter. Car runs fine. It may be rich with the fuel pump, bigger injectors. And turbo. But seems to run fine boost fine just wont go past 3500, 4500rpm while driving. But if just in neutral and revs up just fine past that. I do have a wot box I even disconnected that to make sure.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
any CEL being thrown? Have you double checked the engine timing was set properly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any CEL being thrown? Have you double checked the engine timing was set properly?
Only CEL was for a battery Temp or something like that. And yeah engine timing was good. I paid to had the engine and everything rewired. Everything seems to be good. I mean this is a stock motor with all my upgrades and the tune isn't for the car I'm sure. Didnt know if it needs a fuel tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who tuning your car and do they actually have the software ?
Only CEL was for a battery Temp or something like that. And yeah engine timing was good. I paid to had the engine and everything rewired. Everything seems to be good. I mean this is a stock motor with all my upgrades and the tune isn't for the car I'm sure. Didnt know if it needs a fuel tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts